Yet another thing to worry about lol!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Yet another thing to worry about lol!

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Underlying the whole "we are not performing" trait and the general lack of form i think to me the most worrying fact is not agent millward but We have failed to win a second half this year. That wouldn't be as bad a stat if the team wasn't so young why is a team prodominently featuring mid teens to mid 20's running out of gas so easily????. One thing is for sure you will never go anywhere unless you can win the second half! the first half is important but its the ability to stop Saint's, Bradford or Leeds from running in those 1 to 4 last 10 minute tries which can turn that 40 mins of first half work into a distant memory and the W to a L
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
DaveO

Re: Yet another thing to worry...

Post by DaveO »

Wigan_forever19 85 posted:
Underlying the whole "we are not performing" trait and the general lack of form i think to me the most worrying fact is not agent millward but We have failed to win a second half this year. That wouldn't be as bad a stat if the team wasn't so young why is a team prodominently featuring mid teens to mid 20's running out of gas so easily????.
Simple.

Too much beer.

Lack or professionalism, call it what you will but too many players at the club seem to think getting drunk is part of the package.

It aint.

Dave
waterside glens

Re: Yet another thing to w...

Post by waterside glens »

DaveO posted:
Underlying the whole "we are not performing" trait and the general lack of form i think to me the most worrying fact is not agent millward but We have failed to win a second half this year. That wouldn't be as bad a stat if the team wasn't so young why is a team prodominently featuring mid teens to mid 20's running out of gas so easily????.
Simple.

Too much beer.

Lack or professionalism, call it what you will but too many players at the club seem to think getting drunk is part of the package.

It aint.

Dave
explain please
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

He rarely does.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

waterside glens posted:
DaveO posted:
Simple.

Too much beer.

It aint.

Dave
explain please
The players sink too much beer during the week. They are out on the town getting ratted. You can't do that and train well or play well.

Some players are not like that but too many are.

(Happy now JJ?)

Dave
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

DaveO posted:
waterside glens posted:
DaveO posted: Simple.

Too much beer.

It aint.

Dave
explain please
The players sink too much beer during the week. They are out on the town getting ratted. You can't do that and train well or play well.

(Happy now JJ?)

Dave
Unbelieveable!!

If this is true heads have to roll.

Rads was explaining the rigours of training with a 7am start and a finish at 2-3 in the afternoon.

I thought this was meant to keep them away from the bookies during the day and out of the pub at night!

Come back Lee Crooks and his like all is forgiven!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

DaveO posted:
waterside glens posted:
DaveO posted: Simple.

Too much beer.

It aint.

Dave
explain please

(Happy now JJ?)

Dave
A bit touchy Dave but nice to see you posting concisely for a change. Normally, you make Tolstoy look like he's got writer's block.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

DaveO posted:

Dave
Gary Connolly? Mick Cassidy? Neil Cowie? Martin Dermott? Kelvin Skerrett? Andy Gregory?
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

GeoffN posted:
DaveO posted:

Dave
Gary Connolly? Mick Cassidy? Neil Cowie? Martin Dermott? Kelvin Skerrett? Andy Gregory?
Of all of the players above - only one is still playing RL and that's in the first division.

All of the clubs have been professional for quite a while and if you think that you can roll into training with a hangover and still perform then you are in for a shock.

I teach boxing and whenever one of my students turns up with a hangover I make sure they learn not to do it again. Most don't last more than a couple of minutes on the bag before vomiting or wanting to sit down. I am sure that top level RL is infinitely harder than my sessions in a local gym.

Or put it another way - if you can get leathered and still play to the top of your game, great - however I can show them 400 minutes of RL that prove that our players can't
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------