Wigan to play Leeds in Semis

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wigan to play Leeds in Semis

Post by josie andrews »

Warriors to face Leeds in Betfred Super League Play-Off Semi Finals.

Wigan Warriors v Leeds Rhinos, Friday 16th September, DW Stadium, 8pm K.O.

Winner will head to Old Trafford for the 2022 Grand Final. Get your tickets for the Semi Final now!

Following today’s Eliminator result Wigan Warriors will face Leeds Rhinos in the Betfred Super League Play-Off Semi Finals.

The Cherry and Whites will welcome the Rhinos to the DW Stadium on Friday 16th September (8pm K.O.) with the winner heading to Old Trafford for the Grand Final.

Tickets for the Semi Final are on sale! Full details can be found HERE.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/09/ ... emi-final/

St Helens will play Salford Red Devils in the other Semi Final.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/09/ ... -in-semis/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Re: Wigan to play Leeds in Semis

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Bring it on.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Not an easy fixture at all.
Johnone

Post by Johnone »

Nor should it be at this stage
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

It may be more about discipline than anything else. Leeds have reverted to their old playbook with the added thuggishness of Bentley and will be targetting certain of our players. Let's hope that Matty Peet gets the message through and Lockers reinforces it during the match. We are a better side then Leeds with better players but we need to be intelligent in how we react to them.

And please let us not see you-know-who as referee.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Keep our heads and we’ll be fine. If Bentley isn’t banned for his elbow drop the other night it’s a shambles but I won’t be surprised. Leeds game plan looks to be one of getting in a scrap and trying to get the opposition to forget about playing rugby, so we can’t afford to do that. We do still need to be aggressive though but only in terms of the way we carry the ball and how we defend.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Interesting to see the results of the disciplinary committee's rulings on this last weekend's games. Will they just concentrate on Catalans and their indiscipline and ignoring Leeds' as Child did. Or, will they give a balanced and more accurate view on Friday night's game.

We will be able to read far more into the disp comm from this weekend than almost any other round of games.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

NICKYKISS wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:17 am Keep our heads and we’ll be fine. If Bentley isn’t banned for his elbow drop the other night it’s a shambles but I won’t be surprised. Leeds game plan looks to be one of getting in a scrap and trying to get the opposition to forget about playing rugby, so we can’t afford to do that. We do still need to be aggressive though but only in terms of the way we carry the ball and how we defend.
I agree over Bentley but I suspect with the cock up over the ban for Martin I suspect he will get away with it.

Bentley..what to say about him,Wigan have to turn off to his nonsense get caught up in it and it’ll end badly I fear,Catalan performance the other night was a horror show of poor play but added to the nonsense maxiloram and,others got caught up with we you can see why Leeds won.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Major change in Leeds under Smith is pressure on the ball in the tackle. It's not a good watch but it's working. Obviously it ends up being scrappy to watch. It was used in the NRL few years back think it's one of the reasons they brought in the one on one steel rule, after refs wised up and penalised it, you could not tell the difference between a loose carry and over pressure. The rule meant that carries had to be more secure. He's just looked at this and created a quick fix and it's a ugly one.
Bentley should be banned think he swung an arm in the Micky Mac incident but the elbow should get him two games with his record this season .... what a idiot game almost won and throws a cheap shot that could rule him out of semi and final if they got there.
They seem to put a lot down the right edge and our left edge is a bit shot in D with Faz and Cust out Bibby and Isa left edge D together does not fill me with confidence.
Out the f the four teams left anyone could win it Saints v Salford will depend lot though on Salford without Croft.
I hope we go big on the bench dependant on Powell I guess.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Bentley v Smithies?

I'd previously have had doubts about Smithies getting drawn in, but under Peet and with an extra year of maturity, I think Morgan will outplay him and not respond to provacation.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐