POWELL!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
buttmonkey2

Re: POWELL!!

Post by buttmonkey2 »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:49 pm Wigan Warriors: Matty Peet praises Sam Powell's consistency ahead of his 250th appearance for the club

Matty Peet says Sam Powell is the type of player that every coach dreams of having

Peet states Powell is always aiming to improve his own game and help those around him at the club.

“He’s a dream, day in, day out,” he said.

“I think in sport, the word consistency can get a bad rep, but for me what you want in a friend and teammate is consistency.

“From day one in pre-season to now, you know exactly what you are going to get.
I understand coaches are there to "massage" some players egos but to describe someone as a "player every coach dreams of having", "consistent", "know exactly what you're going to get" then spoils it by saying "is always aiming to improve his own game"

If you are so good at what you do that every coach wanted him, how could you improve on being such a fantastic player? It's an interview full of contradiction and hyperbole that would make an MP envious
Back by demand.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:50 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:49 pm Wigan Warriors: Matty Peet praises Sam Powell's consistency ahead of his 250th appearance for the club

Matty Peet says Sam Powell is the type of player that every coach dreams of having

Peet states Powell is always aiming to improve his own game and help those around him at the club.

“I think in sport, the word consistency can get a bad rep, but for me what you want in a friend and teammate is consistency.

I understand coaches are there to "massage" some players egos but to describe someone as a "player every coach dreams of having", "consistent", "know exactly what you're going to get" then spoils it by saying "is always aiming to improve his own game"

If you are so good at what you do that every coach wanted him, how could you improve on being such a fantastic player? It's an interview full of contradiction and hyperbole that would make an MP envious
I propose a challenge for you.

Change the name of the player from Powell to Farrell and see if you have the same opinion?

Farrel is known for his consistency and also gets comments how he's the first into training and improving himself.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I imagine coaches like players that try diligently to improve themselves?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:57 pm

Change the name of the player from Powell to Farrell and see if you have the same opinion?

Farrel is known for his consistency and also gets comments how he's the first into training and improving himself.
Are you comparing Farrell and Powell as players?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Barney841 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:37 pm

No I'm suggesting the issue with the article is the player not the wording and asking if it was about another player would they have the same issue.

Farrell is the example of a player is know for consistency but also try to improve themselves.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/m ... igan-game/

I mean he says the same about Farrell here to be fair

Subtle differences though as he talks about his hard work paying off (I.e he’s reached a top level)

And talks about the personal recognition and trophies being deserved

I suppose neither of those statements could be made in seriousness with powell
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

SPT 2023
Sam Powell Testimonial 2023

That should upset some on here.🤣
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

👋👋👋
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

May I gently and respectfully suggest that you read what he said?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

morley pie eater wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:11 pm

May I gently and respectfully suggest that you read what he said?
Comes across differently when youve had a drink 🥃