Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Sutty

Re: Bevan French - STAYING or GOING (merged)

Post by Sutty »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:12 pm https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... e-25029135

“I really haven’t come to a conclusion yet and really just want to be chilled and focused on every game. My manager’s taken control of things and it’s going back and forth: Wigan here and teams back in Oz.” Asked when he thinks the final decision could be, French said: “It could be after the Grand Final or I could get a call tomorrow saying ‘this has happened.’ I’m not in a rush. My form is coming down to being so relaxed."

Usually whats put out to the press is info slightly behind, I wonder if the elusive call has came in if people on here are adamant he's 100% staying.... hopefully so.
I was told last night, by my best mate who works for the club, that they still don't know what Bevan is doing next year. All he could confirm is what we already know, that Bevan loves it here, that the club are trying to get his family over here and that our offer is bigger than the one from the NRL. Given my mates position in the club, I've got no reason not to believe him.

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Can we now have a decision ffs
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

medlocke wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:55 pm Can we now have a decision ffs
What difference does it make, even if he's made his mind up, weather its made public knowledge now or in 3 months time?
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:53 pm
What difference does it make, even if he's made his mind up, weather its made public knowledge now or in 3 months time?
What about the last 3 months of speculation of him staying or going?
It would be good to know now
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

The Club need to know soon as the search for his replacement cannot wait for 3 months.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

He just needs to make a decision and stop pissing everyone around.
It seems to have been the biggest news topic for the last 3 months and has been bigger than club news.
Kate83

Post by Kate83 »

Ipinwigan wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:20 pm He just needs to make a decision and stop pissing everyone around.
It seems to have been the biggest news topic for the last 3 months and has been bigger than club news.
If you read through the thread properly then I don’t really think it’s a case of him ‘making a decision’ despite that being the line he is giving the press.
It is more a case of when news comes through about whether the visa/work-permit/job offer is accepted for his younger brother.
If it is successful then he will sign.
If it isn’t then he will most likely leave.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

ian.birchall wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:39 pm
The Club need to know soon as the search for his replacement cannot wait for 3 months.
So what if the club knows? What if they already have a replacement for him? Why are people so bothered about knowing to the point that they seem angry on a public forum. It makes no difference weather it upsets you or not. Its going to go one way or another so just wait and see what happens because you can't change the outcome getting stressed about it
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Its like waiting 3 months for a try decision :geek: :geek:
jobo

Post by jobo »

Has or is about to, sign a long term deal with us, or so I'm told.