Wigan squad for Semi Final

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Wigan squad for Semi Final

Post by Caboosegg »

Well hopefully a Leeds vs Salford final.
Saved myself 25 quid tonight but hopefully Peet will identify the frailties Leeds unlocked.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wigan_ITK

Post by Wigan_ITK »

Well then of them was Tommy who lacked the creativity and stiffled the game. Interesting to see if we bring in another 6/7 in the off season.

Surely Cust / Smith will be first choice next season with Smith probably having done enough to make the 7 shirt his own (let’s ignore tonight’s shambles with his goal kicking :lol: ) but we’re thin on the ground if either of them get injured and Cust certainly looks like he’s made of glass.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

We're going to need another half for sure, and please God, some centres! I suppose we know at least one is on the way.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Barney841 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:25 pm Started ok. Very intense defence from both sides.
Harry’s picked the wrong night to have a bad kicking at goal game
Too much pressure on him poor lad, he’s gutted.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Peet in his first season has done really well.
He has brought entertaining rugby back and I’ve enjoyed watching this season.
He will have a little more experience going into next season and will of learnt some lessons tonight, he got the tactics wrong tonight, it looked like just to power through with one up rugby.
He needs to address the hooker situation and half back combinations when one of them gets injured, we look good with cust and smith but look lost when one gets injured
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Although his kicking has generally been very good, Harry has struggled a bit from the left flank. It's a shame we haven't got a right-footed kicker who could step up. Marshy is pretty adept with his right foot in general play, as he's shown a few times this season. And before, his wonder try v Huddersfield.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I am not sure why certain players should be selected for criticism, collectively we were not good enough. Plenty of possession, good field position but no end product. You win as a team and lose as a team, and that includes the coaching staff. Everyone needs to learn from tonight’s experience if we are to progress.
Charriots Offiah

josie andrews wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:09 am
Barney841 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:25 pm Started ok. Very intense defence from both sides.
Smith isn’t the reason why we lost that game.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:09 am
I agree,it shows how much easier it is for him when he’s alongside Cust,but from where he came from under Lam this season for me he’s my player of the season,one bad game is just that I hope he pushes on next year to even greater heights.
Charriots Offiah

widdenoldboy wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:19 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:58 pm Notice how a hooker who wins man of the match is on the winning team it’s almost like number 9 is a important position isn’t it
Exactly!

Anyway, not sure why but we seemed off par from the start - the week off maybe?

We still have the odd bad game in us that Peet will hopefully iron out, although team selection was a bit puzzling. I'd have been OK with Powell in if O'Neil was on the bench, especially with Cust out.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.