POWELL!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
morley pie eater

Re: POWELL!!

Post by morley pie eater »

Barney841 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:51 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:11 pm
Barney841 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:37 pm

Are you comparing Farrell and Powell as players?
May I gently and respectfully suggest that you read what he said?
Comes across differently when youve had a drink 🥃
Cheers! Cameron's Strongarm on offer at 99p a pint at our local Spoons. Rude not to . .
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

We have had a good year overall, but I think it could have been better.
In my view, the club has a Powell shaped blind spot.
In the big games we won, O’Neill made vital contributions. Powell offers nothing in attack, and has a ponderous predictable passing game, so the defences can ignore him and target our outside runners.
With Cust missing, we lost far too much by picking him. Oh, and he created a hole in our own defence for O’Connor’s try.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Spot on excited. I knew Peet would pick him despite the layoff and he was just poor. Or should I say played as per usual.

Peet takes some of the blame here but overall as we have Powell taking up a slot and salary cap money he’s not likely to never get a game but I do wonder why when Peet must have seen what O’Neil can do Powell walked right back in for an intense game like the playoffs after a month on the sidelines.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

DaveO wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:22 pm Spot on excited. I knew Peet would pick him despite the layoff and he was just poor. Or should I say played as per usual.

Peet takes some of the blame here but overall as we have Powell taking up a slot and salary cap money he’s not likely to never get a game but I do wonder why when Peet must have seen what O’Neil can do Powell walked right back in for an intense game like the playoffs after a month on the sidelines.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, The owner said so
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Anyone with a rugby brain knows how average Powell is. He’s liked under every coach and u can’t drop him. Swear this bloke is consistently running through mud. Tragic. Hopefully oneil is prepared to be second string for the next 5 years
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Peet in his first season has done really well.
He has brought entertaining rugby back and I’ve enjoyed watching this season.
He will have a little more experience going into next season and will of learnt some lessons tonight, he got the tactics wrong tonight, it looked like just to power through with one up rugby.
He needs to address the hooker situation and half back combinations when one of them gets injured, we look good with cust and smith but look lost when one gets injured
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Come on guys stop looking for a scapegoat, we were poor across the board tonight. The coaching staff, in my opinion, should take the majority of the blame, our team selection and game plan was poor. I could pick that performance apart but let’s give Leeds credit, they were the better team. Plenty of planning required for next season, but a massive step forward this year.
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

I think Powell is the worst 9 in SL but hewas not the only one that was poor last night.Tommy was less than average and even Field was kept quiet.Cooper,Ellis. added little off the bench.To be fair though Leeds defence was outstanding,Smith has got them going in the right direction and i think they will win GF
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

medlocke wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:30 pm
DaveO wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:22 pm Spot on excited. I knew Peet would pick him despite the layoff and he was just poor. Or should I say played as per usual.

Do you actually have any substantiation for your comment or is it just another line in your anti IL agenda?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wandering Warrior wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:14 am
medlocke wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:30 pm

Do you actually have any substantiation for your comment or is it just another line in your anti IL agenda?
Dont get calling IL…… whelan was our problem and cant believe some wigan fans still drink in his bar
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE