Potential Outs

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
fozzieskem

Re: Potential Outs

Post by fozzieskem »

wgwr1999 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:37 am
fozzieskem wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:57 am
wgwr1999 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:03 am Getting rid of deadwood is the next step. Put the kids in until you can land the big fish like Thompson.
As good a player as Thompson im sorry with his issues with concussion I wouldn’t touch him to be frank.
LIKE Thompson. Proven internationals in or before their prime.
And unfortunately players as good as Thompson are few and far between very easy to sit on a forum saying sign this one and that the reality of life cloth needs to be cut accordingly,the Burgess fiasco is a lesson I hope the club has learnt.

That said I really hope Thompson gets himself sorted out he’s too good a player to be lost as such a young age.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

with Parto going and possibly Isa, Mago and Miski (according to someone above) then if true how's about Matthew Lodge, Martin Taupau (2 seasons) & James Tamou (1 season)
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Tommy, Bibby, Oli P, all seem confirmed as going then the maybe KPP this year or next and Batty(so I'm told is really 50/50)
Others I have are Isa Miskie not heard anything re Mago only what's been written on here. The other is Bevan that's some serious rebuild if they all come off.
Good thing the spine is still in place and it gives a real opportunities to put in final pieces in place to make us stronger.
Jai, Marshy Smith Custy Byrne Havard Singo Cooper Faz Powell Smithies.
Obviously two centres and a winger if Bev goes. Probably another back rower though KPP for a year and Smithies could do right side if Batty leaves. Havard Ellis to 13. I still feel we miss a trick at 9 and I'm not having a go at Powell. If we did bring another half in then Cust maybe if he's willing to do that role not sure on what his and clubs agreements involved. But something different off the bench the way we made yards against Leeds in the middle a good running 9 busts them up and we win for me.
If King and Wardle come in at centre and we do keep Bevan that does help cover.
We should be looking at quality signings.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pbickerstaff

Post by Pbickerstaff »

Can’t believe ever Is complaining about Mago
He is the only prop who regularly passes in a tackle
Set a few tries up to
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:49 am
wgwr1999 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:37 am
fozzieskem wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:57 am

As good a player as Thompson im sorry with his issues with concussion I wouldn’t touch him to be frank.
LIKE Thompson. Proven internationals in or before their prime.
And unfortunately players as good as Thompson are few and far between very easy to sit on a forum saying sign this one and that the reality of life cloth needs to be cut accordingly,the Burgess fiasco is a lesson I hope the club has learnt.

That said I really hope Thompson gets himself sorted out he’s too good a player to be lost as such a young age.
I think you are still misunderstanding the "players like" meaning. We just signed two proven international centres within the space of a few months. Those are the type of signings we should be making to fill out the squad -- not championship players like Thornley, Miski, etc. like we have in the past.

In the pack, we can easily fill gaps with young lads until the right players with quality & upside are available.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

medlocke wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:04 am with Parto going and possibly Isa, Mago and Miski (according to someone above) then if true how's about Matthew Lodge, Martin Taupau (2 seasons) & James Tamou (1 season)
We're not Warrington...
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

wgwr1999 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:17 pm
medlocke wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:04 am with Parto going and possibly Isa, Mago and Miski (according to someone above) then if true how's about Matthew Lodge, Martin Taupau (2 seasons) & James Tamou (1 season)
We're not Warrington...
Gotta love how meds brings up players he has possibly never seen haha….. always makes me smile but he always picks gud uns
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:04 pm
We're not Warrington...
Gotta love how meds brings up players he has possibly never seen haha….. always makes me smile but he always picks gud uns
I've seen Taupau and Tamou play loads of games over the years, they may be getting on but their vast experience would be great for the team, Parto or Taupau?, Isa or Tamou?, Internationals/Origin over SL, Fairly big names not so long back
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

medlocke wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:52 pm

We're not Warrington...
I've seen Taupau and Tamou play loads of games over the years, they may be getting on but their vast experience would be great for the team, Parto or Taupau?, Isa or Tamou?, Internationals/Origin over SL, Fairly big names not so long back
Fair play pal just messing with ya coz u slways seem pick out the gud uns
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:24 pm
medlocke wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:52 pm
Fair play pal just messing with ya coz u slways seem pick out the gud uns
No probs, They don't seem to have clubs for next season unless I've missed an announcement, they could be a shrewd investment in the short term