French Stays

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: French Stays

Post by moto748 »

I thought, like, I guess most of us, that hoping to hang on to Jai *and* Bevan was way too optimistic, so massive congratulations to the club for making it happen.

Also, what some saw as a problem trying to fit them both into the team, well, at the end of the day, it hasn't been too much of a problem, has it! :D Bevan has settled in on the wing a treat, and we still have the switcheroo option of playing him at f-b and Jai in the halves at our disposal.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:52 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:51 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:47 pm Up with King Bill as the best signings in my lifetime.

Credit to the culture at the club created by Rads and backed by Peet and Leneghan. Bevan's family obviously mattered more to him than his career, and rightly so.
Hanley for me Morley.
Hanley for me comes behind Brett Kenny,as without Kenny I wouldn’t be a Wigan fan (dad from Rochdale so he was most perturbed when I started supporting Wigan as all golden roads lead to and from the promised land of Rochdale)
Stop this now! 😉
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors: Matty Peet says keeping Bevan French is a 'major statement' by the club
Matty Peet says Bevan French is loved by everyone at Wigan Warriors.

The winger has signed a new two-year deal with the club, keeping him at the DW Stadium until at least the end of 2024, with a further two seasons of options available.

Peet believes keeping him is a “major statement” by Wigan.

He said: “We are delighted that Bevan will be at Wigan for at least two more seasons.

"Bevan possesses great talent and provides wonderful entertainment to our supporters.

“First and foremost, he is a pleasure to work with. He works hard to improve and enjoys his rugby league.

“He is loved by everyone at the club, most significantly his teammates. He is a fantastic ambassador for Wigan and for Super League which is a credit to him and his family.

“Thank you to Ian Lenagan and Kris Radlinski for getting the deal done. It is a major statement by our club.”

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... ub-3849991
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Matty Peet is correct.
Everyone who watches SL knows that Bevan and Jai are the two most exciting and dangerous players in the League.
For the club to keep both is an exceptional piece of Business.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:47 pm Up with King Bill as the best signings in my lifetime.

Credit to the culture at the club created by Rads and backed by Peet and Leneghan. Bevan's family obviously mattered more to him than his career, and rightly so.
Hanley for me Morley.
Hanley for me comes behind Brett Kenny,as without Kenny I wouldn’t be a Wigan fan (dad from Rochdale so he was most perturbed when I started supporting Wigan as all golden roads lead to and from the promised land of Rochdale)
Kenny is the best stand off I have ever seen.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:26 pm

Hanley for me Morley.
Stop it or I will lock this thread about FRENCH!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Grand Final week & all anybody is talking about is Bevan French & Matt Peet 😂
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:37 pm
Ok
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:01 pm
josie andrews wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:37 pm

Ok

😂😂😂
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

moto748 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:25 am I thought, like, I guess most of us, that hoping to hang on to Jai *and* Bevan was way too optimistic, so massive congratulations to the club for making it happen.
Same here. I didn’t think we could compete with the wages on offer in the NRL and with a new team requiring more players starting up I was sure he’d be off.

I am going to guess even though he has set light to SL any offers from the NRL were not mega star money so while no doubt he’s on a high wage for SL he wasn’t made an offer he could not refuse by an NRL club. Their loss.

He also looks genuinely pleased to be here for the next few seasons and made up about it so this is good to see.