Knowles wins appeal

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Knowles wins appeal

Post by Charriots Offiah »

DaveO wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:55 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:26 pm
DaveO wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:58 pm So you get a ban of two games, appeal and get a £500 fine added to the ban then appeal again and now it’s ruled you did nothing wrong even though the second appeal panel agrees he twisted the players arm.

The disciplinary panel now have no credibility and leave themselves open to accusations of corruption.
The worst part of all this is, its no longer a surprise when controversial things happen around the RFL & the MRP.

Absolute shambles and an embarrassment to be involved with at times.

IMG have a lot of work cut out or this sport is going to die
You are not kidding. Why are they even allowed to appeal twice FFS?

The original match review panel and the first appeal panel who increased the sanction have now been deemed incompetent by the final appeal panel.

Do the RFL seriously not know how stupid this makes them look?
Thank goodness the people in charge of the RFL are on their way. The whole game needs overhauling, hopefully IMG can do that.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:24 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:26 pm

The worst part of all this is, its no longer a surprise when controversial things happen around the RFL & the MRP.

Absolute shambles and an embarrassment to be involved with at times.

IMG have a lot of work cut out or this sport is going to die

The original match review panel and the first appeal panel who increased the sanction have now been deemed incompetent by the final appeal panel.

Thank goodness the people in charge of the RFL are on their way. The whole game needs overhauling, hopefully IMG can do that.
I’d temper expectations in regards to IMG to be honest I doubt they’ll get into the mechanics of the game such as this,though it’s utterly clear to a blind man the whole process has been deeply flawed since the last overhaul.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:40 pm

I’d temper expectations in regards to IMG to be honest I doubt they’ll get into the mechanics of the game such as this,though it’s utterly clear to a blind man the whole process has been deeply flawed since the last overhaul.
I’m not but this lot are a shambles.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:43 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:40 pm

I’m not but this lot are a shambles.
Oh I agree wholeheartedly the sad part is though I’m not surprised
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:22 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:20 pm If it was against us I’d have a problem but let’s be fair saints win without Knowles, that Leeds team is absolutely dreadful. The worst Leeds team to ever grace a grand final. I think Saturday could be a bit of a bashing
That doesn’t make it right!
We’re 1 game away officially from the wellens era. That sounds good too me. I’ll be watching Saturday with a big smile on my face. Let’s hope
Knowles doesn’t have a bad game 👀
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

It's utterly incomprehensible how this can be allowed. I literally can't think of any other sport where this would happen. Whilst I don't think there's any corruption going on, it certainly calls into question the integrity of the MRP

Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Dreamteam wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:03 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:20 pm If it was against us I’d have a problem but let’s be fair saints win without Knowles, that Leeds team is absolutely dreadful. The worst Leeds team to ever grace a grand final. I think Saturday could be a bit of a bashing
We’re 1 game away officially from the wellens era. That sounds good too me. I’ll be watching Saturday with a big smile on my face. Let’s hope
Theres a rumour going round that Matty Smith will be his assistant
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

This is from Rod Studd on Twitter:
If you want uneducated pontification on the Morgan Knowles affair you’ll find it on twitter but here’s a thread on what actually happened. (1/n)

The MRP met on Monday + decided the tackle was reckless + likely to endanger an opponent grading it at grade B which is a 1-2 match ban. Knowles has “form” so it was 2 matches. Knowles/Saints didn’t accept the fixed pen notice + decided to go to the ORT on Tuesday (2/n)

They pleaded not guilty arguing it was a professional foul designed to slow down the PTB. They produced medical evidence from their doctor that the opponent’s arm wasn’t taken out of normal range. I believe they also compared it to holds in judo etc + (3/n)

Techniques used by police in restraining offendersThe ORT found this argument a reasonable case to argue but dismissed it. It wasn’t frivolous but the 2 match ban stood. The ORT was a judge + 2 ex players. (4/n)

Now this is where it gets interesting. In the summation the judge apparently said the panel agreed with the MRP verdict but accepted the opponent’s arm stayed in a natural range. Saints saw this a contradiction + contended the appeal verdict should be thrown out. (5/n)

The appeal into that was held on Thursday with a different judge and 2 different ex players. They basically threw out the Tues verdict on the technicality spotted by saints and now this is the bit I need clarity on + I’ve asked for it (6/n)

I would have thought this would mean a “retrial”+ a repeat of the Tues appeal from scratch but it seems the whole ban was expunged. I’ll report back on this (7/n)

But those are the facts as reported to me. If you want some ranting + raving from someone who has no idea of the process or what happened I’m sure you’ll find it. If you want facts, I’ll try to help. Love and good health to all. (Ends)
And there we have it! People are still up in arms about it.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:48 am This is from Rod Studd on Twitter:
If you want uneducated pontification on the Morgan Knowles affair you’ll find it on twitter but here’s a thread on what actually happened. (1/n)

The MRP met on Monday + decided the tackle was reckless + likely to endanger an opponent grading it at grade B which is a 1-2 match ban. Knowles has “form” so it was 2 matches. Knowles/Saints didn’t accept the fixed pen notice + decided to go to the ORT on Tuesday (2/n)

They pleaded not guilty arguing it was a professional foul designed to slow down the PTB. They produced medical evidence from their doctor that the opponent’s arm wasn’t taken out of normal range. I believe they also compared it to holds in judo etc + (3/n)

Techniques used by police in restraining offendersThe ORT found this argument a reasonable case to argue but dismissed it. It wasn’t frivolous but the 2 match ban stood. The ORT was a judge + 2 ex players. (4/n)

Now this is where it gets interesting. In the summation the judge apparently said the panel agreed with the MRP verdict but accepted the opponent’s arm stayed in a natural range. Saints saw this a contradiction + contended the appeal verdict should be thrown out. (5/n)

The appeal into that was held on Thursday with a different judge and 2 different ex players. They basically threw out the Tues verdict on the technicality spotted by saints and now this is the bit I need clarity on + I’ve asked for it (6/n)

I would have thought this would mean a “retrial”+ a repeat of the Tues appeal from scratch but it seems the whole ban was expunged. I’ll report back on this (7/n)

But those are the facts as reported to me. If you want some ranting + raving from someone who has no idea of the process or what happened I’m sure you’ll find it. If you want facts, I’ll try to help. Love and good health to all. (Ends)
And there we have it! People are still up in arms about it.
And the player who's arm was up is forgotten about..disgraceful descion
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:36 am
Dreamteam wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:03 pm

Theres a rumour going round that Matty Smith will be his assistant
If wellness gets the gig it'll be cunningham Mark 2