Potential Outs

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Potential Outs

Post by Charriots Offiah »

wgwr1999 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:30 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:04 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:55 pm One way to give Halsall SL game time is to play him off the bench.
He can play centre or wing which should suit our new line up.

Our backs next year could line up as - Field, French, King, Thornley/New Recruit, Marshall, Cust & Smith. Should Jai cop a knock then Bevan to fb with Halsall wing.
If a winger is out then Sam Halsall slots in.
Maybe a half back is out then Jai at HB, Bevan fb and Sam H wing.

There's mention of Isa & KPP filling these positions but there's no long term future with either. Next year either or both could well be needed in the back row.
If Sam H were to be selected for most games then changes due to injuries or suspensions would be minimal.
Have you wrote Miski off Ted?
I don't think anyone is "writing off" Miski because there was never any upside to having him as anything more than an emergancy backup winger.

Like what does he ACTUALLY excel at? At 27, those aren't the questions that should be asked.
Well, if that was the case, it was ppp on behalf of the club. Backup players should not be non-federation players.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:39 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:04 pm

Have you wrote Miski off Ted?
I don't think anyone is "writing off" Miski because there was never any upside to having him as anything more than an emergancy backup winger.

Like what does he ACTUALLY excel at? At 27, those aren't the questions that should be asked.
Well, if that was the case, it was ppp on behalf of the club. Backup players should not be non-federation players.
With the academy we have, I could not agree more.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

wgwr1999 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:26 am

Rather give Hanley a chance or put halsall on the wing. Halsall isn’t gonna be getting much time next year anyway you’d think with Thornley still probably being ahead of him as well as kpp king and Wardle
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Dreamteam wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:33 am

Rather give Hanley a chance or put halsall on the wing. Halsall isn’t gonna be getting much time next year anyway you’d think with Thornley still probably being ahead of him as well as kpp king and Wardle
I wonder if Hanley will be able to push on or maybe he will need a proper spell in the championship?
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:59 am

I wonder if Hanley will be able to push on or maybe he will need a proper spell in the championship?
Seen him in reserves a few times this season. Can’t see him being a Wigan player in future years but could be good squad depth. He’s got time on his side tbf
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Dreamteam wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:15 pm

Seen him in reserves a few times this season. Can’t see him being a Wigan player in future years but could be good squad depth. He’s got time on his side tbf
I'm not going to defame his name by saying this is factual information but I have heard he hasn't got the best track record in terms of discipline. For a young player who was getting all the plaudits when he was coming through to *allegedly* turn up to training drunk is not the type of player Wigan will waste chances on.

We're due a breakout outside back to come through. Tommo was the last in 2017.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

wgwr1999 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:59 pm

I'm not going to defame his name by saying this is factual information but I have heard he hasn't got the best track record in terms of discipline. For a young player who was getting all the plaudits when he was coming through to *allegedly* turn up to training drunk is not the type of player Wigan will waste chances on.

Interesting that. We are definitely due one but once again this year it’s been the pack that’s set the platform for the backs in the reserves. 4-5 really good props
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Who's "Tommo"?
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:39 pm Who's "Tommo"?
Tom Davies.
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Dreamteam wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:40 pm
wgwr1999 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:59 pm

Interesting that. We are definitely due one but once again this year it’s been the pack that’s set the platform for the backs in the reserves. 4-5 really good props
I have always said that England produces some of the best forwards in world rugby. It's the athleticism/size of the outside backs that we really lack compared to Oz. When you see English backs go to the NRL, they rarely stand out & some even get shifted out of position.

That's what makes Herbie Farnworth [6'3] & Dom Young [6'7] such exceptions.