20 years and counting

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Flash

Re: 20 years and counting

Post by Flash »

Mike wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:34 pm Crickey! That's staying power. I only joined in 2018 apparently.
What's with that? I've been on over 15 years and mine says 2019! :o
Forever Warrior

Post by Forever Warrior »

I’m not a very regular poster but enjoy reading the views and comments of others. Thanks to Mike, Josie and others who maintain and monitor the site. It’s my go to site for information on the Warriors.
pieeater

Post by pieeater »

Forever Warrior wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:36 am I’m not a very regular poster but enjoy reading the views and comments of others. Thanks to Mike, Josie and others who maintain and monitor the site. It’s my go to site for information on the Warriors.
Same here - have been with this site since December 2002 when we moved to Ireland - don't know what we would have done without it!!! Moderators do a great job and have seen a lot of posters, players and coaches come and go in that time. Have tried other sites but they just don't do it for us.

I'm guessing we could be classed as "ancient and loyal" now :lol: :lol: :lol:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

pieeater wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:38 pm
Forever Warrior wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:36 am I’m not a very regular poster but enjoy reading the views and comments of others. Thanks to Mike, Josie and others who maintain and monitor the site. It’s my go to site for information on the Warriors.
Same here - have been with this site since December 2002 when we moved to Ireland - don't know what we would have done without it!!! Moderators do a great job and have seen a lot of posters, players and coaches come and go in that time. Have tried other sites but they just don't do it for us.

I'm guessing we could be classed as "ancient and loyal" now :lol: :lol: :lol:
Both of us are Ancient & Loyal Brenda 😂😂
Hope you’re both well 🥰
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

I've just gone past my 10 year mark myself. Thanks to everyone who runs and contributes to this site. Long may it continue :D
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Just checked 16 years for me.... wow! Plenty stuff happened in that time good and not so. I don't think many days have gone by without me checking in on here.
For all the one's posting, moderating and keeping it going cheers ;)
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
kitt green warriors

Post by kitt green warriors »

I joined September 23rd 2007, so that's just over 15 years, we left in 2013, (The boys did the double for me), that's what I used to say was going to happen to the regulars in the East stand around me, my last match was the Grand final and we left on the Monday for Bris Vegas, time flies!, I wonder what's changed in Wigan in 10 years but I bet Kitt Green hasn't changed that much?. PS, I'm looking forward to meeting Lee Briers in January at the Broncos members day, he was a hated man when I was there but I must admit I've changed my tune!. Also what happened to the Oracle that was CP Wigan?
I always knew that I liked this place, you don't have to look to far to find a friendly face, I feel alive when I'm walking on this street, I feel the heart of this city pounding underneath my feet, yeah if the world keeps spinning round and round this is were it all goes down,down,down, THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS TOWN!.
Bon Jovi "Lost Highway" 2007
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

kitt green warriors wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:41 am I joined September 23rd 2007, so that's just over 15 years, we left in 2013, (The boys did the double for me), that's what I used to say was going to happen to the regulars in the East stand around me, my last match was the Grand final and we left on the Monday for Bris Vegas, time flies!, I wonder what's changed in Wigan in 10 years but I bet Kitt Green hasn't changed that much?. PS, I'm looking forward to meeting Lee Briers in January at the Broncos members day, he was a hated man when I was there but I must admit I've changed my tune!. Also what happened to the Oracle that was CP Wigan?
It hasn’t changed very much 😊 I live very close to the farm on Latham Lane, the owners who I’m friends with 🥰

Although they tried again to take over the green belt The Bell & the Blackpool Donkey Sanctuary which home there. Company’s wanted planning permission to build a road & warehouses from the M6 at Orrell all the way through to Heinz. But our petitioning of the council got it withdrawn again, they planners tried once before you must have been living here then. I didn’t want lorries & warehouses on my back garden when there is already a massive site at Walthew Lane with loads of land & lots of empty buildings. They already took over part of Porters Wood!

Give my regards to Lee Briers, became quite friendly with him while he was here 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Joined 16 years ago, The headlines on that great day said "Wigan sack Millward as the golden touch deserts coach" :D
kitt green warriors

Post by kitt green warriors »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 11:41 am
kitt green warriors wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:41 am I joined September 23rd 2007, so that's just over 15 years, we left in 2013, (The boys did the double for me), that's what I used to say was going to happen to the regulars in the East stand around me, my last match was the Grand final and we left on the Monday for Bris Vegas, time flies!, I wonder what's changed in Wigan in 10 years but I bet Kitt Green hasn't changed that much?. PS, I'm looking forward to meeting Lee Briers in January at the Broncos members day, he was a hated man when I was there but I must admit I've changed my tune!. Also what happened to the Oracle that was CP Wigan?
It hasn’t changed very much 😊 I live very close to the farm on Latham Lane, the owners who I’m friends with 🥰

Although they tried again to take over the green belt The Bell & the Blackpool Donkey Sanctuary which home there. Company’s wanted planning permission to build a road & warehouses from the M6 at Orrell all the way through to Heinz. But our petitioning of the council got it withdrawn again, they planners tried once before you must have been living here then. I didn’t want lorries & warehouses on my back garden when there is already a massive site at Walthew Lane with loads of land & lots of empty buildings. They already took over part of Porters Wood!

Give my regards to Lee Briers, became quite friendly with him while he was here 😊
You're right Josie, we were still there the first time they tried for that road. I'm led to believe they've started building on the old Abby Guest site, that's going to make Ormskirk Rd a nightmare, I'm also told that the town centre is a ghost town nowadays and worst of all the pound bakery isn't a pound for 2 anymore, and Galloways, well what can I say, I fantasise about a meat n potato pie but not at the prices I see £2.60 a pie!!!!.
I always knew that I liked this place, you don't have to look to far to find a friendly face, I feel alive when I'm walking on this street, I feel the heart of this city pounding underneath my feet, yeah if the world keeps spinning round and round this is were it all goes down,down,down, THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS TOWN!.
Bon Jovi "Lost Highway" 2007