Liam Marshall signs long-term deal as he commits future to Wigan Warriors

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Liam Marshall signs long-term deal as he commits future to Wigan Warriors

Post by Mike »

Good stuff. He had a great season last year.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Brilliant news!
French and field get all the accolades but Marshall does a lot of hard work and scores some brilliant trie.
Goes unsung heroes a lot of the time because of the other 2
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

25 tries scored in 25 games for Marshy 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Excellent news, just got into my Travelodge at Kinross services and this is the first thing I've seen, lovely jubbly :D :D :D
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Underrated due to size. Very committed and great finisher. Also his reaction at scoring the winner for cc was my highlight of the season. Could not make the final. But i almost got kicked out of a posh pub in Chester full of posh horse racing fans. They did not like my full on banging the table going nuts.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Underrated part of his game is carrying into the first/second tackle from a kick return. He does it time and time again, gets good yards and gets a quick ptb. Great finisher, maybe a tad less speed than a couple of years ago but still absolutely electric. In him and Bevan we have 2 of the most elusive wingers in the game along with Field at FB. It'll be an exciting 2023 with those 3 from the start
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:50 pm Underrated part of his game is carrying into the first/second tackle from a kick return. He does it time and time again, gets good yards and gets a quick ptb. Great finisher, maybe a tad less speed than a couple of years ago but still absolutely electric. In him and Bevan we have 2 of the most elusive wingers in the game along with Field at FB. It'll be an exciting 2023 with those 3 from the start
Agree completely 😊
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

medlocke wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:42 pm Excellent news, just got into my Travelodge at Kinross services and this is the first thing I've seen, lovely jubbly :D :D :D
If Marshy had turned down the deal Wigan were looking to recruit Ah Van, so not so lovely jubbly.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Another thing Marshy has brought to the table lately is his increasing deft right foot. Which started the wonder try against Huddersfield, and has played a crucial role at the back-end of this season too. Well he's just got better, and shown his enthusiasm for playing for the club, what more can you say?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:17 am Another thing Marshy has brought to the table lately is his increasing deft right foot. Which started the wonder try against Huddersfield, and has played a crucial role at the back-end of this season too. Well he's just got better, and shown his enthusiasm for playing for the club, what more can you say?
Plus he plays with enjoyment & enthusiasm, he always has a smile on his face & will stop & make an effort to talk to fans. Belting lad, always liked him 😊