Samoa v Tonga

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Re: Samoa v Tonga

Post by josie andrews »

archiekeith wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:23 am
moto748 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:11 am Cracking game. I was pleased Samoa won, mostlly because their Penrith connection means a lot to a friend.
It certainly was moto. However some of the posts on this topic seem to be carryover from our drubbing of PNG apparently! Josie seems to have some sort of resentment for Welsby. Why? The lads a talented RL player. Where they play is down to the coach full stop!Lets not get into a similar situation we had concerning Powell. Not good. Our game v Samoa will test both teams and I see no reason for SW to change his Winning side from the one that decimated PNG.
I don’t like the lad & THAT IS MY OPINION! Whether he is a good player to you or some others, that makes no difference to me, I just don’t like him. Is that okay??

Regarding Powell I have not said anything detrimental about him!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:36 am
moto748 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:11 am Cracking game. I was pleased Samoa won, mostlly because their Penrith connection means a lot to a friend.
It certainly was moto. However some of the posts on this topic seem to be carryover from our drubbing of PNG apparently! Josie seems to have some sort of resentment for Welsby. Why? The lads a talented RL player. Where they play is down to the coach full stop!Lets not get into a similar situation we had concerning Powell. Not good. Our game v Samoa will test both teams and I see no reason for SW to change his Winning side from the one that decimated PNG.
I don’t like the lad & THAT IS MY OPINION! Whether he is a good player to you or some others, that makes no difference to me, I just don’t like him. Is that okay??

If that's your opinion then that's your opinion. However to express an opinion of "I don't like the lad" per se seems in bad taste to me. That's my opinion so that's ok then😜
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

The cultural challenge at the beginning of the game was next level... and it was uphill after that - superb.
That tackle by May was worth the entrance money on its own.
widdenoldboy

Re: Samoa v Tong

Post by widdenoldboy »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:41 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:24 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:04 pm

To be fair to Welsby he is not a half back.
That’s what he is supposed to be! He can play anywhere in the back line can ‘golden child’!
If you listen to those idiots on TV you would think so.
Welsby had a poor game and they were still blowing smoke up the proverbial.A few lads had quiet games but we were way too good for a tough PNG.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

archiekeith wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:03 am

If that's your opinion then that's your opinion. However to express an opinion of "I don't like the lad" per se seems in bad taste to me. That's my opinion so that's ok then😜
Why is it in bad taste? I don’t like Leeds or Castleford what is the difference?

He played for England on Saturday & I supported him because of that doesn’t mean I have to like him. There are plenty people I don’t like! Is that bad taste. Don’t you dare challenge me on my preferences of what I like or don’t like! And don’t bring my name up in your petty sly digs.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:47 am
I’m glad Samoa won because Kristian Wolfe is the coach 😂😂
My thoughts exactly, Josie. I wasn't that bothered who won until his face appeared on the screen.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

morley pie eater wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:19 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:47 am
I’m glad Samoa won because Kristian Wolfe is the coach 😂😂
My thoughts exactly, Josie. I wasn't that bothered who won until his face appeared on the screen.
Mine too,always comes across as an Australian Daryl Powell
PoppaG

Post by PoppaG »

What a game that was! Don't often watch games back that I've watched live, but that ones getting watched!

Wasn't really mithered which team won, but slightly happier that we'll get a Samoa re-match with them more on form.

The boy has Panthers as his 2nd team, so was a very happy lad when Leui and To'o did the signing and photo loop - two really nice lads that took the time to do it and stayed out ages. We were sat rear left of the away end terrace and ended up moving to the right hand end of the tunnel stand after the game and from both teams they were the only two that did it properly. Crying shame when there were indigenous fans of both teams with faces painted, flags, etc waiting.

Only downside is I have to find the cash to get the lads Penrith top framed for XMas now! :lol: :lol:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

PoppaG wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 4:04 pm What a game that was! Don't often watch games back that I've watched live, but that ones getting watched!

Wasn't really mithered which team won, but slightly happier that we'll get a Samoa re-match with them more on form.

The boy has Panthers as his 2nd team, so was a very happy lad when Leui and To'o did the signing and photo loop - two really nice lads that took the time to do it and stayed out ages. We were sat rear left of the away end terrace and ended up moving to the right hand end of the tunnel stand after the game and from both teams they were the only two that did it properly. Crying shame when there were indigenous fans of both teams with faces painted, flags, etc waiting.

Only downside is I have to find the cash to get the lads Penrith top framed for XMas now! :lol: :lol:
Well done 😊
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:56 am
archiekeith wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:03 am

Why is it in bad taste? I don’t like Leeds or Castleford what is the difference?

He played for England on Saturday & I supported him because of that doesn’t mean I have to like him. There are plenty people I don’t like! Is that bad taste. Don’t you dare challenge me on my preferences of what I like or don’t like! And don’t bring my name up in your petty sly digs.
Get off your high horse. Your the one making threats. Nothing sly about my poststhere my open honest opinions not at all sly anyway I've obviously caught a raw nerve so before you ban me I quit bye bye.