Bateman

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
jobo

Re: Bateman

Post by jobo »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:07 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:44 am
Mike wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:41 am

Oh, I stopped watching at about 50 mins. Game over ages ago.
You could have stopped after the first quarter.
It's amazing how people's perspective of the quater finals varies depending on the team.

England absolutely dominated PNG in that first half and earned the score line through forced repeat sets. The second half was a much more quater final feel with the tries coming from excellent play 12-6 to England.

I keep seeing people saying they turned it off because it was a walk over.

However

If Australia or NZL post this scorelines its all about how ruthless they where and its shows how good a rugby team can be.

Wane has got England playing some outstanding rugby and atleast 3 quaters of the tries yesterday where brilliant to watch.
England were fabulous, virtually error free in the first half.

Not getting my hopes up just yet but 🤞🤞🤞
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

English fans won’t give credit to a Shaun wane team. Until he beats Australia and nz home and away comfortably then he’s failed according to them. Every game we’ve played so far the opposition has just happened to have their worst game of the tournament apparently. We’ll get to the final and we might get pipped by aus and they’ll all be crying because their favourite player didn’t play. Yet all we’ve been hearing all year is that Australia nz samoa and Tonga are miles ahead of us 😂. No wonder the game can’t grow when you’ve got whinos supporters not supporting the country because wane is in charge for gods sake
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Dreamteam wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:42 pm English fans won’t give credit to a Shaun wane team. Until he beats Australia and nz home and away comfortably then he’s failed according to them. Every game we’ve played so far the opposition has just happened to have their worst game of the tournament apparently. We’ll get to the final and we might get pipped by aus and they’ll all be crying because their favourite player didn’t play. Yet all we’ve been hearing all year is that Australia nz samoa and Tonga are miles ahead of us 😂. No wonder the game can’t grow when you’ve got whinos supporters not supporting the country because wane is in charge for gods sake
Well said 👏🏼
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
wgwr1999

Post by wgwr1999 »

Shaun Wane will never get the credit he deserves. For me, probably the greatest ever to come out of this country.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

wgwr1999 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:47 pm Shaun Wane will never get the credit he deserves. For me, probably the greatest ever to come out of this country.
😊😊🏉🍒⚪️♥️ 🏉🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 He bleeds Wigan Wearriors & England 😊😊🏉🍒⚪️♥️ 🏉🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:13 pm
wgwr1999 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:47 pm Shaun Wane will never get the credit he deserves. For me, probably the greatest ever to come out of this country.
Just like us 😊
Pieman13

Post by Pieman13 »

NICKYKISS wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:28 pm The pack is far too ‘nice’ if Bateman leaves. Guys like Cooper, KPP, Faz, Havard, Byrne, Shorrocks etc are all good lads but other than Smithies, I’m struggling to think of anyone with a real edge to them. That’s a big worry for me regards his probable exit and why I think we need a replacement.
Totally disagree on being "far" to nice. If you look at Saints they have Knowles, Lees, Mata'utia & Sironen who are grubby players.

Compare that to Smithes, Cooper, Isa and Singleton were not that much different in that area.

And when look back at how we lost the semi it was definitely not down to lack of aggression/go forward we dominated.

Faz, Smithies and Cooper is plenty enough for defence/tackles etc. Think if we add a KPP (better hands than Bateman) , or a Tanginoa (more power) we'd be even more of a try threat.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:20 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:13 pm
Just like us 😊
Very true 😊
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Ellery Hanley's warning to John Bateman ahead of NRL return

Bateman is expected to make the move to Wests Tigers next year.

Ellery Hanley has offered a piece of advice to John Bateman ahead of his impending return to the NRL. Bateman is being heavily linked with a move to Wests Tigers and refused to discuss his future at a press conference last week.

"Hanley played for Balmain Tigers in the mid-Nineties before they later merged with Western Suburbs to form Wests Tigers. The Tigers finished bottom of the NRL table this season, and Hanley said of Bateman’s potential switch there: “There might be family reasons for John wanting to go back and play in Australia.

I believe his girlfriend is Australian, but it will take more than John Bateman to get Wests Tigers out of trouble. As a team, they have been poor for a number of years now and I think John, if he does go there, will need plenty of support. You only have to look at Jackson Hastings there this season – he couldn’t do it on his own there and they really need a big shake-up.

Also, John has been out there before and everyone in Australia knows what he can do – so he will be a marked man. He was very good for Canberra Raiders, but how successful he will be at Wests Tigers really depends on who he is surrounded by.”

Hanley is a big fan of Bateman, saying: “Before John went to Canberra, I thought he was outstanding. At Canberra, he was excellent as well but, when he came back to Wigan, he will have an honest assessment about himself.

His form probably wasn’t as good as what it was before he went to Australia. Crucially, however, I still think the best is yet to come from John – as long as he’s surrounded by the right personnel.”

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... dium=email
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

In his latest statement to the aussie press (rugby league world) John was quoted as saying that he'd make a decision after the Worls Cup. If he wants to stay surely, he wouldn't have a decision to make. I'd like him to stay but I hope the club has a plan in place in case he doesn't.