Floodlights cost

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pieeater

Re: Floodlights cost

Post by pieeater »

morley pie eater wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:48 pm The last full soccer match I watched was the 1966 World Cup Final, and I don't have any interest at all in the sport. I've heard the silly money paid to premier League players, but was amazed a few years ago when Mrs Morley was watching Come Dine With Me.

It was from the Stoke area and the guests arrived at a big detached house with a Porsche on the drive. They asked the female host if it was her husband's. She said it was hers, and that she didn't have a job, her husband bought it for her.

"So what does your husband do?"

"He's a footballer for . . . Port Vale."

Port Vale!!!
Unbelievable what these people earn!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

i reckon that there will be plenty of good salaries being paid at the Latics, but nothing on the scale that people are thinking. Fair play to any footballer who can get big money, as its a limited career. Other sports can earn significantly more i.e. golf, F1, snooker, darts etc, other than the top end Premier league players

i personally stopped watching all football many years ago as IMO there is too much cheating (something thats started to creep into RL and i dont like it), overpaid, overyhped and people are generally brainwashed into being told it being the best sport in the world and the premier league is the best league in the world ever

after typing the above i decided a quick google and found this. wage bill £7.5m for this coming season

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-be ... -athletic/
jobo

Post by jobo »

the pieman wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:45 am i reckon that there will be plenty of good salaries being paid at the Latics, but nothing on the scale that people are thinking. Fair play to any footballer who can get big money, as its a limited career. Other sports can earn significantly more i.e. golf, F1, snooker, darts etc, other than the top end Premier league players

i personally stopped watching all football many years ago as IMO there is too much cheating (something thats started to creep into RL and i dont like it), overpaid, overyhped and people are generally brainwashed into being told it being the best sport in the world and the premier league is the best league in the world ever

after typing the above i decided a quick google and found this. wage bill £7.5m for this coming season

Just checked and that was when they were in the 3rd division or, sky bet league 1.

I'd guess it's probably a fair bit more this season.
pieeater

Post by pieeater »

Have look at www.capology.com/club/wigan for players wages
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

pieeater wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 2:59 pm Have look at www.capology.com/club/wigan for players wages
It doesn’t include the wages of players on loan, I doubt very much that the player’s parent club will be standing the cost.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

the pieman wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:45 am i reckon that there will be plenty of good salaries being paid at the Latics, but nothing on the scale that people are thinking. Fair play to any footballer who can get big money, as its a limited career. Other sports can earn significantly more i.e. golf, F1, snooker, darts etc, other than the top end Premier league players

Bankruptcy approaching rapidly again then?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

It's blows my mind that anyone can think footballer deserve their wages it's gross over inflation of worth.

I'd rather the doctors and nurses on standby at matches be paid those figures.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:09 pm It's blows my mind that anyone can think footballer deserve their wages it's gross over inflation of worth.

l agree it is ridiculous.

I can never understand why the "public" are up in arms about a CEO who maybe gets paid £500k a year, but who can potentially grow the salaries and employ thousands of people, yet are seemingly not concerned about a footballer who looks after zero people and earns 5x that.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:09 pm It's blows my mind that anyone can think footballer deserve their wages it's gross over inflation of worth.

Me too!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I'll say this about that issue: footballers get stick about being overpaid, and logically, rightly so, they earn ridiculous money. And yet, at least footballers have a rare skill, that is worth whatever the market thinks it's worth. The world is full of fools with no discernable talent whatsoever, from Ant and Dec to Boris Johnson. And big (and much less successful) sportsmen like golfers don't seem to attract the same levels of opprobrium.