Bateman

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
fozzieskem

Re: Bateman

Post by fozzieskem »

widdenoldboy wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:16 pm Great thread....if Bateman goes then we are in uncertain times so I'd like him to stay.

I'd assume his potential move is a bit of a suprise to the board? Otherwise we would have been able to show McDonnel/Nicholson an open door to first team rugby.

Nsemba has massive potential but, IIRC, he is a year younger than most of the Academy team and needs more time for physique development - I'd have thoght he would be ready at the end of 2023 season at the very earliest. I don't see another 2nd row in Reserves/Academy just yet either.
As always with these young lads expectations should be tempered a little bit
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

widdenoldboy wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:16 pm Great thread....if Bateman goes then we are in uncertain times so I'd like him to stay.

I'd assume his potential move is a bit of a suprise to the board? Otherwise we would have been able to show McDonnel/Nicholson an open door to first team rugby.

Nsemba has massive potential but, IIRC, he is a year younger than most of the Academy team and needs more time for physique development - I'd have thoght he would be ready at the end of 2023 season at the very earliest. I don't see another 2nd row in Reserves/Academy just yet either.
Irrespective of whether Bateman leaves, or not, the club dropped a clanger when they failed to retain Nicholson.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:35 pm

Irrespective of whether Bateman leaves, or not, the club dropped a clanger when they failed to retain Nicholson.
Correct. The persistence to keep going with 4 props or 3 props and shorrocks ruled him of having any chance. Just from watching him for the knights and wire he’s already way ahead of shorrocks and partington imo. top prospect wish him all the best at wire
Charriots Offiah

Dreamteam wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:34 pm

Correct. The persistence to keep going with 4 props or 3 props and shorrocks ruled him of having any chance. Just from watching him for the knights and wire he’s already way ahead of shorrocks and partington imo. top prospect wish him all the best at wire
He’s a star in the making. He has size,skill, speed, toughness, determination etc.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

southportcdm wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:27 pm Bryce Cartwright is a decent player but, from his wiki page (if true), I wouldn't have thought he was the type of bloke that Matty Peet would want in the squad.
Great player that mon…… great all rounder
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:51 pm

He’s a star in the making. He has size,skill, speed, toughness, determination etc.
So he is yet unproven at SL level, Is he really the second coming or is he another Rocky Hampshire being bigged up by certain fans again???
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

medlocke wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:27 pm

So he is yet unproven at SL level, Is he really the second coming or is he another Rocky Hampshire being bigged up by certain fans again???
What’s the difference between unproven yet and not good enough. Partington wasn’t good enough for us and shorrocks doesn’t start for anyone in sl yet both have been picked ahead of him stunting his potential. At least make an effort to look like we want to keep him instead of playing him in the reserves when he’s way ahead of that level
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Dreamteam wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:34 pm

What’s the difference between unproven yet and not good enough. Partington wasn’t good enough for us and shorrocks doesn’t start for anyone in sl yet both have been picked ahead of him stunting his potential. At least make an effort to look like we want to keep him instead of playing him in the reserves when he’s way ahead of that level
Yet when Nicholson left the club came out and said he did have a pathway.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:47 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:34 pm

Yet when Nicholson left the club came out and said he did have a pathway.
That could be anything. Oneil has a pathway but he still is stuck behind Powell a player he’s better than for the 2 nd year. He’ll be behind Powell again next year we all know that. Some players are ahead of the age group they’re in and he was one of them
Charriots Offiah

We will have to wait and see I suppose but, in my view, he has looked the real deal every time I have watched him play.