new prop

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dreamteam

Re: new prop

Post by Dreamteam »

2018 season we had prime bateman, faz, greenwood and isa. Remember how lethal greenwood and George was at saints away when we tore them to shreds that year. Think greenwood was an underrated player
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Dreamteam wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:37 pm 2018 season we had prime bateman, faz, greenwood and isa. Remember how lethal greenwood and George was at saints away when we tore them to shreds that year. Think greenwood was an underrated player
I rated greenwood. Problem was his injury record
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

:oops:
Barney841 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:11 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:37 pm 2018 season we had prime bateman, faz, greenwood and isa. Remember how lethal greenwood and George was at saints away when we tore them to shreds that year. Think greenwood was an underrated player
Same. Was out of contract this year as well but Huddersfield given him another one not that long ago
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

i think most would agree with you there. Talented, had a very good offload, but seemed to get injured very easily.

if i remember rightly too, both Greenwood and Faz wanted to play left side, and Faz was moved part way through the season to accomodate Greenwood? Faz just runs such good lines down that left side though, its difficult to displace him
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I thought this thread was about a new prop? Now that the gossip suggests we're keeping Mago despite Wakefield wanting him, does anybody have news about any further developments?
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

southportcdm wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:21 pm I thought this thread was about a new prop? Now that the gossip suggests we're keeping Mago despite Wakefield wanting him, does anybody have news about any further developments?
😮
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Greenwood never seemed the same after getting injured at Cas.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:17 pm Personallyim ok with ISA staying, i think if Bateman leaves KPP slots in with ISA as cover. I also wouldnt want to invest too much at 2nd row - its probably one of the areas you can afford to have "squad players" its not a key pivot role.

I think in years gone by Wigans 2nd row has stood out but more due to lack of genuine centre threat which we now should have having 2 decent centres.
How quickly things can change, last season 2nd rows filling in at Centre - next season centres filling in at 2nd row ?
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

widdenoldboy wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:44 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:17 pm Personallyim ok with ISA staying, i think if Bateman leaves KPP slots in with ISA as cover. I also wouldnt want to invest too much at 2nd row - its probably one of the areas you can afford to have "squad players" its not a key pivot role.

I think in years gone by Wigans 2nd row has stood out but more due to lack of genuine centre threat which we now should have having 2 decent centres.
How quickly things can change, last season 2nd rows filling in at Centre - next season centres filling in at 2nd row ?
Farrell, Isa, KPP, Nsemba. Smithies is also an option, but I suspect he'll be at loose forward.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Last season Isa wasn't getting a look in, he wasn't even making the squad. If we are now looking at him as back-up then we are going backwards. Partington is much better than Isa.