Mago to Wakefield/Featherstone??

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dreamteam

Re: Mago to Wakefield

Post by Dreamteam »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:25 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:09 pm I guess that answers my question about mago. Was he being used as a short impact sub or was he too unfit
From what I hear he is lazy & has put a great amount of weight on 😟

Feel sorry for him in a way, he is over here on his own no family, girlfriend etc & seems excluded from the team!
Met him in pre season and was very down to earth. Fine taking pictures ect. Bit gutted but I can also understand why he’s been let go
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Matty shaw has once again said he’s not going to fev. Very very rarely gets things wrong
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Dreamteam wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:57 pm Matty shaw has once again said he’s not going to fev. Very very rarely gets things wrong
Who?
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

medlocke wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:59 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:57 pm Matty shaw has once again said he’s not going to fev. Very very rarely gets things wrong
Who?
https://t.co/sj7kLbH91W
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:37 pm If Mago has gone to Fev and Bateman to Aus then surely the club have replacements lined up. There must be a real significant amount of salary available for incoming talent.
If that happens then we have signed Thompson or JWH. No chance we allow both to go with no replacement in place.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

There are more rumours that we are interested in one of Medlockes favourite props, Martin Taupau!

What I can’t get my head round is, we’ve let a young Wigan 24 year old prop leave, Partington, then it’s rumoured about Mago who is 27, 28 in December a prop in his prime leaving for a championship side to sign a 33 year old!

Also rumoured we’ve signed Jared Waerea Hargreaves also 33!!

What has happened to the ‘young’ squad we are supposed to building?

Mago was here training on his own 2 or 3 weeks back!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:34 pm There are more rumours that we are interested in one of Medlockes favourite props, Martin Taupau!

What I can’t get my head round is, we’ve let a young Wigan 24 year old prop leave, Partington, then it’s rumoured about Mago who is 27, 28 in December a prop in his prime leaving for a championship side to sign a 33 year old!

Isn’t the idea to build a successful squad and team, not a young one?

If the idea isn’t to build a successful team then I’ve had rugby league wrong for the last 37 years since I started watching.
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:34 pm There are more rumours that we are interested in one of Medlockes favourite props, Martin Taupau!

Because Partington didn’t improve in 4/5 years in the first team.
Silky

Post by Silky »

Surely we’d only sign one of JWH or Taupau. We don’t need two props, if/when Bateman goes we need a second row to replace him.