Mago to Wakefield/Featherstone??

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: Mago to Wakefield

Post by josie andrews »

Dreamteam wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:53 am
josie andrews wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:59 am Mia Culpa, Mia Culpa! All jump on Josie, bloody hell I was giving an instance in Partington!

I don’t care how experienced these overseas props are, they are coming here for a nest egg wage, I’d sooner we persevere with the young props/players we have than keep signing older players who couldn’t care less who they played for as long as they were getting a nice little earner!

Everyone keeps saying props only come into their own at 27/28.

Is Mago only playing short minutes because the coaches want the younger lads to play? Sounds a bit like when Lam was picking all the younger lads instead of seasoned props/forwards
I’d rather bring in JWH for 2 years than keep partington for the next 10. He’ll get bullied at Salford especially with how average that pack is anyway
I understand what you mean.

Do you not think JW-H is a penalty machine? He’s a bit too hotheaded for me.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:45 am
josie andrews wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:59 am Mia Culpa, Mia Culpa! All jump on Josie, bloody hell I was giving an instance in Partington!

I don’t care how experienced these overseas props are, they are coming here for a nest egg wage, I’d sooner we persevere with the young props/players we have than keep signing older players who couldn’t care less who they played for as long as they were getting a nice little earner!

Is Mago only playing short minutes because the coaches want the younger lads to play? Sounds a bit like when Lam was picking all the younger lads instead of seasoned props/forwards
I’d rather bring in JWH for 2 years than keep partington for the next 10. He’ll get bullied at Salford especially with how average that pack is anyway

He gets away with a lot of elbows in the nrl because he plays for one of the media darlings. He won’t get away with it here with how many replays they look at for small incidents. Needs to clean up that side or peet won’t stand for it.
Wiganer Ted

Re: Mago to Wakefield/Featherstone??

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Should Mago leave for Fev then it suggests we are creating an overseas quota spot for presumably an NRL import. It also might be that we are paying part of his salary too. Can't see Fev being able to match the salary we offered him to get him over here. Wakey maybe, Fev no.

Who will be incoming? That's the interesting bit!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Would Frizzell be on the overseas quota i remember him playing for Wales.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

thegimble wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:18 pm Would Frizzell be on the overseas quota i remember him playing for Wales.
I think he would as quota is based on where he started playing, same for Radley, Farnworth and Widdop ?
They qualify for England but would be quota players?
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

widdenoldboy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:52 pm
thegimble wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:18 pm Would Frizzell be on the overseas quota i remember him playing for Wales.
I think he would as quota is based on where he started playing, same for Radley, Farnworth and Widdop ?
Farnworth and Widdop were definitely exempt as they were born over here and in Farnworths case he played for St Pats and then Newton Storm as a junior.
pedro

Post by pedro »

No straw damn us wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:46 pm
Farnworth and Widdop were definitely exempt as they were born over here and in Farnworths case he played for St Pats and then Newton Storm as a junior.
being born here isnt the issue, its where you play your first rugby, im sure Leigh have just had Lam removed due to his Pats playing days
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:45 am

He’s a class act.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

pedro wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:24 pm

being born here isnt the issue, its where you play your first rugby, im sure Leigh have just had Lam removed due to his Pats playing days
If they have the RFL must have bent the rules.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:38 pm
pedro wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:24 pm

If they have the RFL must have bent the rules.
Was confirmed a while ago