Bateman

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dreamteam

Re: Bateman

Post by Dreamteam »

Announcement not too far away if to be believed
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Dreamteam wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:37 am Announcement not too far away if to be believed
https://www.totalrl.com/wigan-warriors- ... -new-year/
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

I feel that this is what the delay in announcing the squad numbers is all about because they couldn’t get Moses Bateman was the second option both got the same agent I find it a bit selfish on Batemans behalf holding up the squad numbers for all of the people who wanted them for Christmas no loyalty in the game anymore once again he used the club during the covid pandemic for his own behalf and when it was cleared he sold us down the river good riddance
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I take your point Suzieb but, let's be honest, players about to leave don't worry about things like squad numbers. Let's just hope we can sort out a suitable signing (I don't think it will be a direct replacement) asap. If we get a good signing in we have every chance of challenging for honours in 2023. We could well end up better off than if a 'demotivated' Bateman had been 'forced' to stay. John has done some good things for Wigan but he was never 'one of our own' and I was far more disappointed to see Williams leave.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

I agree
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

The point I’m trying to make Southport is that our great club knows what the situation is with Bateman but they choose to tell us the public that they haven’t heard anything
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

the pieman wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:44 am
Dreamteam wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:37 am Announcement not too far away if to be believed
https://www.totalrl.com/wigan-warriors- ... -new-year/
Hoping there will be a 2 or 3 announcements tomorrow just in time for Jesus's birthday
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Suzieb wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:13 pm The point I’m trying to make Southport is that our great club knows what the situation is with Bateman but they choose to tell us the public that they haven’t heard anything
You have no right to know anything before it's agreed. Look at it from the other side. The club announce Bateman is looking to leave, then he doesn't. Everyone will start saying he doesn't want to be here and bring it up with every none perfect performance.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

Suzieb wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:13 pm The point I’m trying to make Southport is that our great club knows what the situation is with Bateman but they choose to tell us the public that they haven’t heard anything
Bet you are fun at parties!

The club will not and should not say anything until the deal is concluded, they also have the right to temper this news by maybe making positive announcements, which they often do.

If you want to know what goes on behind closed doors make Mr Lenagan an offer.

It’s absolutely ridiculous the level of information some supporters feel they should be privy to
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

You need to take your cherry and white blinkers off I bet u talk about Wigan at parties boring😭😭😭😭