Bateman

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Suzieb

Re: Bateman

Post by Suzieb »

Well said
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Dreamteam wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:54 pm
pearsy wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:37 pm Hope it's the last time we never resigne a player that's played over there .And bring them back never been Marquee player
2 years time the knights will be shipping kpp back out to us. He’s not even an above average SL player yet.
I agree with most of your posts but on this I think you're wrong. Grant it not complete player yet but imo will be in time I think after next season we have seen last of the lad. He has the class talent and time tobe class at top level.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

pearsy wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:37 pm Hope it's the last time we never resigne a player that's played over there .And bring them back never been Marquee player
2 years time the knights will be shipping kpp back out to us. He’s not even an above average SL player yet.
Mal Meninga would disagree with you. A friend of mine was at a Saints forum with him a couple of weeks ago and Meninga stated that KPP would be one of the best back row players in the NRL in a few years time.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:52 pm
I agree with most of your posts but on this I think you're wrong. Grant it not complete player yet but imo will be in time I think after next season we have seen last of the lad. He has the class talent and time tobe class at top level.
Fair enough. He definitely has the potential
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

No straw damn us wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:29 pm
Mal Meninga would disagree with you. A friend of mine was at a Saints forum with him a couple of weeks ago and Meninga stated that KPP would be one of the best back row players in the NRL in a few years time.
Plenty of players go the nrl early and don’t make it. He doesn’t have the characteristics of a farnworth or young. Therefore in a struggling knights team with a coach about to be sacked I reckon he’s back in 2 years
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Dreamteam wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:56 pm

Plenty of players go the nrl early and don’t make it. He doesn’t have the characteristics of a farnworth or young. Therefore in a struggling knights team with a coach about to be sacked I reckon he’s back in 2 years
Honestly I agree with you but think he will end up in union rather than return to RL
Mouse13

Post by Mouse13 »

Pretty telling i think but Bateman doesnt appear to be on the training pic from Formby Beach this morning. Unless hes taking the photo :lol:
Adlington ARLFC 1988-1992
Adlington Rangers ARLFC 1992-2009
Chorley Panthers ARLFC 2009-2011
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:01 pm

Honestly I agree with you but think he will end up in union rather than return to RL
Can see him doing three or four seasons then signing a big money deal with Montpellier or another French RU club. either way I don't want him back
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

medlocke wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:02 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:01 pm
Can see him doing three or four seasons then signing a big money deal with Montpellier or another French RU club. either way I don't want him back
I don't see where he fits in ru

He's not quick enough to be a Union centre and players don't really move as forwards as its a different game that requires different techniques in the forwards. Prime examples being Faz (Andy) and Sam Burgess
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

It’s always felt like KPP has great potential but he doesn’t feel like he’s moved on much from when he first came in to the club. He shows flashes but there’s been nothing particularly consistent. It pretty much just feels like he’s been waiting to go to the NRL since he came and therefore it’s all felt a bit ‘treading water’ like. I do think he’ll go well in the NRL and push himself to progress. I like the lad and I think he seems an honest kid and I do think we’ll get his best season out of him in 2023 because I think he’ll want to end on a high.