Salford Stadium

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Caboosegg

Re: Salford Stadium

Post by Caboosegg »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:00 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:44 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:27 pm Has anyone told Salford Council that Sale are in a different borough? As for Neville, I wouldn’t give him the time of the day.
Why he seems pretty reasonable. Didn't he offer Salford the current stadium his club has?
So Salford are supposed to tug their forelock’s and be grearfull then?

What I’ve read the football ground isn’t fit for purpose but of course that’ll do rugby league then will it?

Not in my book it’s got a spiteful wind chill the AJ bell but I’m glad their staying there.
The AJ Bell is not fit for Salford, it's to big and match day access is appalling.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:27 pm Has anyone told Salford Council that Sale are in a different borough? As for Neville, I wouldn’t give him the time of the day.
Why he seems pretty reasonable. Didn't he offer Salford the current stadium his club has?
The ground is meant to service the community so why are Sale in the conversation. Neville and Co. could offer to share the the Red Devils. In my view Neville is a guy who pretends to have principles but really he doesn’t. Look at his stance regarding Qatar.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:02 pm
The ground is meant to service the community so why are Sale in the conversation. Neville and Co. could offer to share the the Red Devils. In my view Neville is a guy who pretends to have principles but really he doesn’t. Look at his stance regarding Qatar.
But how does the AJ Bell service the community, they moved it miles away and it isn't easy to access.

Great idea but has the Salford fan base recovered from the numbers lost when leaving the willows?

They did the equivalent of moving the dw from Wigan to Saint Helens.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:16 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:02 pm

But how does the AJ Bell service the community, they moved it miles away and it isn't easy to access.

Great idea but has the Salford fan base recovered from the numbers lost when leaving the willows?

They did the equivalent of moving the dw from Wigan to Saint Helens.
Didn't Salford get the biggest percentage increase in gates this year? Can't remember where I saw it.
(and I know that 100% of nowt is still nowt!)
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

was chatting with someone who is a sponsor of Salford at the weekend. Sale Sharks are apparently £30million in debt, hence why Salford City Council (or whoever the decision maker is) wont sell to them

They do have some wealthy fans, but they arent / wont take the £30m hit, so the club is in financial trouble like many other RU clubs currently are
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

the pieman wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:17 am was chatting with someone who is a sponsor of Salford at the weekend. Sale Sharks are apparently £30million in debt, hence why Salford City Council (or whoever the decision maker is) wont sell to them

They do have some wealthy fans, but they arent / wont take the £30m hit, so the club is in financial trouble like many other RU clubs currently are
League financially is in a mess. But its nothing compared to union. HMRC are after money from Sale 2 million and they have over 30 million debt.

[url]
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... s.html[url]
Last edited by thegimble on Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

thegimble wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:16 am
the pieman wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:17 am was chatting with someone who is a sponsor of Salford at the weekend. Sale Sharks are apparently £30million in debt, hence why Salford City Council (or whoever the decision maker is) wont sell to them

League financially is in a mess. But its nothing compared to union. HMRC are after money from Sale 2 million abd they have over 30 million debt.

[url]
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... s.html[url]
yep, it is, but at the minute the wealthy owners appear to be happy to loan the clubs money (and with some never potentially claiming it back), and the debts are nowhere near the size of Union as you say. I think if a league club was 30m in debt, it would have been folded well before it got chance to get there
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »