Huddersfield Giants smash though impressive season ticket total ahead of 2023 Super League campaign

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Huddersfield Giants smash though impressive season ticket total ahead of 2023 Super League campaign

Post by josie andrews »

Huddersfield Giants are coming off the back of one of their best seasons in over a decade with a third place finish and a Challenge Cup Final appearance marking a brilliant campaign for Ian Watson’s men, and they’re set to build on it judging by their impressive Season Card sales heading into the season.

Heading into 2023 there’s plenty to be positive about with the signing of nine players including the coups of players such as Jake Connor, Kevin Naiqama and Jake Bibby.

That optimism is being echoed by the fans though as the Giants have announced today that they have sold over 3,500 Season Cards ahead of the 2023 campaign.

Giants announced the news via Twitter and on their website with the following statement.

“Ahead of what promises to be a special campaign for the Giants, with nine new players signed up to the Claret and Gold, the club can announce that it has smashed a major milestone in Season Card sales, pushing through the 3,500 barrier!”

They were also keen to add that Season Cards are still on sale for those who either haven’t renewed or those keen to head to the John Smith’s Stadium to support for the 2023 season.

A massively impressive figure for a team that’s certainly on the up.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/huddersf ... tal-65790/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Huddersfield Giants smash though impressive season ticket total ahead of 2023 Super League campaign

Post by josie andrews »

3,500, I hope we are well over that figure!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Dreamteam

Re: Huddersfield Giants smash though impressive season ticket total ahead of 2023 Super League campaign

Post by Dreamteam »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:22 pm 3,500, I hope we are well over that figure!
How many did we have last year ? Every game was at least 10.5 k despite some games there not being that due to season ticket holders not attending ect.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Dreamteam wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:10 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:22 pm 3,500, I hope we are well over that figure!
How many did we have last year ? Every game was at least 10.5 k despite some games there not being that due to season ticket holders not attending ect.
I don’t know but I’ve been told some haven’t renewed this year because mainly, I would hope anyway, because of the the cost of living crisis we are all experiencing.

Just an example; Today I went for a few bits from Asda.

As I was at the cheese aisle picking some Laughing Cow triangle cheese. There was an Asda assistant who came to where I was just putting the cheese in my trolley.I joked with her & said I hope you aren’t changing the price 😂 The price was £2.50.

Bloody hell, when I checked my scan gun it showed £2.95! It had gone up 45p in a few minutes! I said sod that put the cheese back on the shelf & deleted it from my scan gun!

How bad is that?
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:34 pm
I don’t know but I’ve been told some haven’t renewed this year because mainly, I would hope anyway, because of the the cost of living crisis we are all experiencing.

As I was at the cheese aisle picking some Laughing Cow triangle cheese. There was an Asda assistant who came to where I was just putting the cheese in my trolley.I joked with her & said I hope you aren’t changing the price 😂 The price was £2.50.

Bloody hell, when I checked my scan gun it showed £2.95! It had gone up 45p in a few minutes! I said sod that put the cheese back on the shelf & deleted it from my scan gun!

How bad is that?
😂😂😂😂. In all seriousness if people aren’t renewing this year this sports gonna be part time soon. With the rugby being played and field and french we aren’t gonna get better than these next 2 years probably ever again. Rugby league is too working class for this sport to survive through these times
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Dreamteam wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:50 pm

How bad is that?
😂😂😂😂. In all seriousness if people aren’t renewing this year this sports gonna be part time soon. With the rugby being played and field and french we aren’t gonna get better than these next 2 years probably ever again. Rugby league is too working class for this sport to survive through these times
It's all well and good but the cost is alot to swallow. My cousin was interested after volunteering the price tag stopped him getting a season ticket.

It's all great looking at the saving match but in one go it's alot for anyone these days.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:26 pm

How bad is that?
It's all well and good but the cost is alot to swallow. My cousin was interested after volunteering the price tag stopped him getting a season ticket.

It's all great looking at the saving match but in one go it's alot for anyone these days.
I would imagine our prices are on the high side compared to other clubs as well
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

How bad is that?
For some though it’ll come down to either heating for some eating,sport is neither here nor there frankly in that case
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Dreamteam wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:48 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:26 pm

I would imagine our prices are on the high side compared to other clubs as well
There's a thread about it on RLFans at the minute

i think our ST prices compare well, although the original article posted wasnt suggesting that, as it wasnt comparing like for like

our early bird / renewals are great value, but unfortunately its not just about that at the minute for many people

i havent held a ST for about 3-4 seasons, and based on knowing i will be missing at least 6 games this year, havent bought one again for this season, but will pay for the games i can go to. I worked out it would cost me approx 50 per match on having a ST in the East where i used to sit. If i was on a renewal or in fact took advantage of the early bird i would probably have bought the ST knowing i wasnt going to get the best value, but couldve accepted it

on the RLFans thread i did a like for like comparison with Wigan and Saints. Generally Wigan was slightly cheaper than Saints, although they have 3 price bands across the main stands, instead of the 1 Wigan now have, but for a seat approx 1/2 way line, Wigan were better value, but Saints were in the end blocks of the stands. Wigan renewal options that were shown on the websites were better than the Saints equivalent. Where Saints had a slight advantage was the standing ST, which worked out really good value on a renewal

RL is at a real tipping point i feel when it comes to pricing. We are still a working class sport, and much as we want to see the best players in the world, there is a point where fans either cant afford or wont pay to attend matches. We are fortunate that we have some wealthy backers who put their money into clubs to keep them going (and some wont want those loans paying back).
PoppaG

Post by PoppaG »

The problem you've always got with STs is the initial buy in price. In reality you dont save much compared to just buying match tickets, the benefit comes with the cheaper renewals.

In better times it took me a few years to convince myself of the value I'd get looking down the line. Worked out well and I auto renew as I know that's far and away the best price and how I justify keeping it. That was well before the current climate though and there's no way I'd be able to commit to a first year ST the way things are now.