Super League set for rebrand as IMG plot name change for rugby league competition

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Super League set for rebrand as IMG plot name change for rugby league competition

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

medlocke wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:31 pm
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:20 pm
medlocke wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:51 am They should try and get a massive sponsor that will stay for at least a decade like in the NRL, use the company name with Super 13 on the end, Imagine the possibilities.

Barclays Super 13
Shell Super 13
Tesco Super 13
Triumph Super 13
etc etc etc
Heinz Super 13
Good shout
Heinz Souper 13
archiekeith

Re: Super League set for rebrand as IMG plot name change for rugby league competition

Post by archiekeith »

I was hoping to get feedback to my post on this matter good bad or indifferent Seems indifference check mates discussion beyond Med's undoubted good humour 😀👍
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

medlocke wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:31 pm
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:20 pm
medlocke wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:51 am They should try and get a massive sponsor that will stay for at least a decade like in the NRL, use the company name with Super 13 on the end, Imagine the possibilities.

Barclays Super 13
Shell Super 13
Tesco Super 13
Triumph Super 13
etc etc etc
Heinz Super 13
Good shout
Don't they already do this, as far as I remember it is always referred to as 'Betfred Superleague' I think it is time to drop the superleague as there are far too many other sports who have jumped on the name, I agree that ideally we should have XIII, code 13 or something similiar to distinguish between us and Union or the new fans will never really know which sport they are generally watching
Superb Chops

Post by Superb Chops »

Super Rugby?
Superb Rugby?
Prime Rugby? Maybe also, Greatest... Premium... Premier... even as the union comp must fail the trades descriptions act.
Rugby 13?

For the branding I'd merely look to identify it as league and that it's a quality product. If it's got sponsorship, that's good too.

A tagline along the theme of The Greatest Game wouldn't go amiss either to stress the excitement, breathtaking spectacle, etc.

I suspect IMG has it all in hand and may be looking at forums such as this as part of their R+D.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Superb Chops wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:45 am Super Rugby?
Superb Rugby?
Prime Rugby? Maybe also, Greatest... Premium... Premier... even as the union comp must fail the trades descriptions act.
Rugby 13?

For the branding I'd merely look to identify it as league and that it's a quality product. If it's got sponsorship, that's good too.

A tagline along the theme of The Greatest Game wouldn't go amiss either to stress the excitement, breathtaking spectacle, etc.

I suspect IMG has it all in hand and may be looking at forums such as this as part of their R+D.
i think Super Rugby is already taken by RU in Southern Hemisphere

the problem we have with League, is that all sports generally play in 'Leagues', hence the Super League for womens football, netball, cricket, european super league football, so it now doesnt stand out like it did when we 1st took the name

Admittedly on my PC RL Super League has come out top on most of my searches, but most likely because i have lots of RL related searches. For someone with less interest in RL, it would probably have been one of the others

re the Branding it needs something like the NRL did in the late 80s / 90s with Tina Turner. It wouldnt be difficult to pull together and absolutely amazing video of RL hits / tries, fans, commitment, desire, sportsmanship and back it with a soundtrack that really captures the video mood
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

WarriorWinger wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:20 pmNRL UK
NRL+
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

Mike wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:38 pm
WarriorWinger wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:20 pmNRL UK
NRL+
I agree with both WW and Mike. Wished I'd spotted it myself because NRL is already the placeholder for Ulimate RL for certain of our players and fans👍