Barrow friendly

Organise your next away trip, see who else is going or even arrange group transport with other Wigan fans.
josie andrews

Re: Barrow friendly

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:04 pm
josie andrews wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:58 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:06 am

Wouldn't get too excited, Barrow isn't a nice place at all a that's putting it nicely.
We went to the pre season friendly before Covid & we found the places we visited okay.
The exterior is Josie, a lot of the inner areas are not as good, suppose it's like most big towns and cities though, When I do visit I like to leave as soon as possible, I't's a 52 mile/hour and a half round trip from Millom, I've been known to stay for only 15 minutes before coming home :D , quicker by train but then you have to walk and end up on stuck on the wind tunnel that is Barrow station :lol:
We drive there.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:55 pm
josie andrews wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 12:58 pm

We went to the pre season friendly before Covid & we found the places we visited okay.
The exterior is Josie, a lot of the inner areas are not as good, suppose it's like most big towns and cities though, When I do visit I like to leave as soon as possible, I't's a 52 mile/hour and a half round trip from Millom, I've been known to stay for only 15 minutes before coming home :D , quicker by train but then you have to walk and end up on stuck on the wind tunnel that is Barrow station :lol:
We drive there.
I take the coast road turn left at Ulverston and go through Bardsea a pleasant journey.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

jaws1 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:14 am
josie andrews wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:55 pm
We drive there.
[/quote
I take the coast road turn left at Ulverston and go through Bardsea a pleasant journey.
Cracking drive that, ther's a nice lal ice cream van parks up down by Bardsea beach front, Roy's Ices, very popular in the warmer months, love the Lemon Meringue flavour
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Not for me - got a whopping speeding fine coming back from there when I was younger. I was speeding but felt they took the piss with the fine… never been back and that was around 15 years ago :lol:

I’ll listen in thanks!
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Gerrumonside wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:04 pm Not for me - got a whopping speeding fine coming back from there when I was younger. I was speeding but felt they took the piss with the fine… never been back and that was around 15 years ago :lol:

I’ll listen in thanks!
Watch it on Wigan t.v . It's a bargain.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Absolte bell ringer there from Nsemba
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Some tough exchanges in the forwards so far, and Nsemba breaks through but the move fizzles out
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Miski in at the corner after good work by Mago, O'Neill, Astley and Eckersley.

4-0 after 33 minutes
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Good sweeping move from Barrow and they equalise on the hooter, 4-4 at half time.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Getting pegged back in our own half again, Barrow in the corner and converted 10-4