Match Preview: Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
w.thomas

Re: Match Preview: Hull KR

Post by w.thomas »

Badly missing Bateman down that side, some of the defending was embarrassing. King is an awful defender, headless chicken, I’d loan him out to Swinton or rose bridge. Field had an off day, A bad day at the office all round and a stinking loss, big improvement needed if we want to challenger for silverware, we are absolute miles away from saints.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Sutty wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:59 pm First game of the season, only one pre season game for the first choice first team, lots of rusty things and plenty of work to do.

That said, definitely no cause for concern, no need to knee jerk panic and no need for the negativity and (imo) OTT criticism.
Saints in their first game beat the nrl champions

Wire in their first game spanked Leeds

Catalan in their first game beat Wakefield with ease in the end

Sorry but while I’ll agree that we will improve from here coming in so undercooked from pre season shows we haven’t done a good job in pre season - it’s not unfixable but Criticism is 100% warranted
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

KPP to centre, Isa second row, King to reserves. Improve right edge defence and get better line speed?

Written with tongue firmly in cheek, but if today's performance is repeated, it'll seem like a reasonable option. Every coach in the league will drill his team to target our right edge.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Wigan_forever1985

The biggest concern today was the lack of effort
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

pearsy wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:58 pm How come nobody hardly mentioned Smith kicking if you are not turning 4 into six you will always behind the 8 ball
Coote could not kick goals from that end also into the wind.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:21 pm
Sutty wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:59 pm First game of the season, only one pre season game for the first choice first team, lots of rusty things and plenty of work to do.

That said, definitely no cause for concern, no need to knee jerk panic and no need for the negativity and (imo) OTT criticism.

Sorry but while I’ll agree that we will improve from here coming in so undercooked from pre season shows we haven’t done a good job in pre season - it’s not unfixable but Criticism is 100% warranted
And with Lam we had our best run of victories at the start of the season for years. Meant nothing at the end of the day.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Completely agree with its about setting your stall out for the coming season it says we are ready come get us or like today there's always next week mindset,I know which I.prefer certainly a paying customer travelling all that way over to the godless.country
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Quite obvious we need Tom forber in the team or on the bench
Wigan_forever1985

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:11 pm

And with Lam we had our best run of victories at the start of the season for years. Meant nothing at the end of the day.
I get what you’re saying but this isn’t about the results and I think if you look back at those victories you will see a lot of the comments alluding to the fact we weren’t winning well

There is absolutely no excuse for coming in that undercooked and losing to hull kr - that’s no disrespect to hull but they are not in the bracket of teams we are competing with they won’t win superleague unlikely to win the challenge

It’s far from a crisis but we will have to get a lot better quicky
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

Three overseas spaces not considered good enough to play and missing any go forward up the middle. We need to win the collision and we do not have the bodies to do it. Once that is sorted then King, who looked good in parts, needs to stop jumping out of the line.