Hi all

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mickw

Re: Hi all

Post by Mickw »

The jobs for the boys are in charge,Tom Forber will have a successful career elsewhere sadly,they wouldn't dare give him a chance in case he impressed the fans.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

WiganP1e wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:27 pm
First Try Tickle wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:53 pm If you mean Smith’s goal kicking then I think that’s unfair. Not sure if you went yesterday but the difference in the wind at each end of the pitch made a big difference for both him and Coote.

As for the penalties in the second half, Kendal just had it on him at the time. Even giving a knock on then changing his mind. The six again rule is a joke when your defending your own line, you can’t just roll off or they will go from dummy half and score, as Ackers did on Friday.
Didn't go yesterday.

Regarding Smith! I just posed the question tbh. My opinion is... we can't afford to keep dropping valuable points every game, so how long do we stick with him if this doesn't improve? At the same time I totally agree with your points.
Welcome to the forum mate.

We will continue to drop points unless we improve on the basics. Run harder and tackle harder than the opposition are two aspects that we need to get right. There are some very easy fixes. If you want to beat the best then you need to copy the best. Saints are the benchmark, particularly regarding defence. Line speed is a critical element of their game and so effective, it is not rocket science and it something that we should be incorporating in our play.
Raging Penguin

Post by Raging Penguin »

Hi,

Unless i am mistaken, i believe from the last 7 occasions that we have been against Hull KR, we have only managed 2 victories, perhaps there is a psychological element that has not been addressed, as well as the other issues that have been raised, in general our away form feels poor
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:54 pm
First Try Tickle wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:53 pm If you mean Smith’s goal kicking then I think that’s unfair. Not sure if you went yesterday but the difference in the wind at each end of the pitch made a big difference for both him and Coote.

As for the penalties in the second half, Kendal just had it on him at the time. Even giving a knock on then changing his mind. The six again rule is a joke when your defending your own line, you can’t just roll off or they will go from dummy half and score, as Ackers did on Friday.
Didn't go yesterday.

Regarding Smith! I just posed the question tbh. My opinion is... we can't afford to keep dropping valuable points every game, so how long do we stick with him if this doesn't improve? At the same time I totally agree with your points.

We will continue to drop points unless we improve on the basics. Run harder and tackle harder than the opposition are two aspects that we need to get right. There are some very easy fixes. If you want to beat the best then you need to copy the best. Saints are the benchmark, particularly regarding defence. Line speed is a critical element of their game and so effective, it is not rocket science and it something that we should be incorporating in our play.
While I agree with you saints are the benchmark like it or not and sadly I suspect its not going to change anytime soon,so as you say start incorporating some of their style of play but will they that's the big question
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Raging Penguin wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:21 pm Hi,

Unless i am mistaken, i believe from the last 7 occasions that we have been against Hull KR, we have only managed 2 victories, perhaps there is a psychological element that has not been addressed, as well as the other issues that have been raised, in general our away form feels poor
Don't try and put any other reason than Job for boys and bad forwards or the experts will be on you.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Raging Penguin

Post by Raging Penguin »

Its fine if they do, and that argument may be valid, i am not wholly convinced myself.

to add, i believe we performed better after the questionable yellow was presented, which has been witnessed on quite a few occasions over the years. Perhaps it would be useful if this mechanism could be actioned without said events having to occur
CherryB

Post by CherryB »

Didn't go yesterday.

After the Stains game, I think it was Dodd who was interviewed and asked why they are successful. He said it was a simple game plan, but hard to implement. I think that is our issue, the players aren’t capable of implementing a simple game plan. And bringing in players like King who wasn’t good enough for Warrington or Hudds, paying him big money and building him up to be the next Renouf, is shocking. The fans really do need to stop buying into this tripe, but so long as KR is at the helm, that is what we will be served up.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:23 pm

Didn't go yesterday.

While I agree with you saints are the benchmark like it or not and sadly I suspect its not going to change anytime soon,so as you say start incorporating some of their style of play but will they that's the big question
Sadly I do not think so.
WiganP1e

Post by WiganP1e »

Didn't go yesterday.

I agree with that.

Saints are head and shoulders above us all.

Thought they were outstanding against Penrith yesterday 🤷
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Raging Penguin wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:21 pm Hi,

The last time we played HKR at their bit we lost that game, ironically Kendall was the ref for that game.

Yes we had young players in the squad, it just took a while for them to get used to the pace of first team rugby.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan