What happens to Faz if his team goes down

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Cath10

Re: Farrel?

Post by Cath10 »

oh sorry, and thankyou :smil:
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Cath10 posted:
oh sorry, and thankyou :smil:
No need to apologise, we're just trying to keep all similar threads in one rather than have them all over the place. You're new so we'll let you off! :P
Happy posting as they say!!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
phibes

Post by phibes »

Well, I'm a lot more excited by this rumour than the one doing the rounds a few months ago that Henry Paul was on his way back.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

phibes posted:
Well, I'm a lot more excited by this rumour than the one doing the rounds a few months ago that Henry Paul was on his way back.
There should be quite a few England RU players going cheap today, they're not much use at their own sport so why not come to play ours instead?!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
DaveO

Re: What happens to Faz if...

Post by DaveO »

Matthew posted:
he's still injured, hasn't played in over a year - alright that still make him of more use to us than DV - however what happens after he leaves again (or retires?)

I really like Faz and he was an absolute legend for us however we need to forget him and move on. It's from basing our team around one player that has left us in our current mess
I have never gone with this idea we based the team solely around him. He was a real team player for us in his final two season playing in the second row and at prop.

The club should never have let him go in the first place as a contracted player. I'll never know what motiviated ML to let him leave so easily.

I'd love to see him back because he is pure class and a leader. He has at least two seasons of top RL in him in my opinion and by the time he comes to retire for good Lockers, Hock, Tickle and several others will be seaoned pros. We forget how young these guys are.

As with Radlinski there was IMO a planned succession on the cards in that by the time these two retired aged about 32 or 33 the rest of the team would have matured. Given both are now (prematurely) no longer with us quite a bit of the heart has gone from the team.

Dave
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

if you are talking centres and union players going cheap then i suggest mike tindall. hes a big strong guy and he isnt to old is he?
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
phibes

Post by phibes »

DaveO posted:

I'd love to see him back because he is pure class and a leader. He has at least two seasons of top RL in him in my opinion and by the time he comes to retire for good Lockers, Hock, Tickle and several others will be seaoned pros. We forget how young these guys are.

As with Radlinski there was IMO a planned succession on the cards in that by the time these two retired aged about 32 or 33 the rest of the team would have matured. Given both are now (prematurely) no longer with us quite a bit of the heart has gone from the team.
At the beginning of the season, I would have said it was a backward step to bring Farrell back. Five games later, I've totally changed my mind.

It's not totally out of sheer desperation (but that has something to do with it), but from a recognition that everything Farrell brought to the team as a player and a captain is totally missing from our current squad.

[/quote]
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

I'm now desperate enough after Cas's latest performance to try anything. We should get Scully back (we should have had a gentleman's agreement in place to prevent him playing against us a la Fowler at Liverpool anyway) and we would lose nothing by having Farrell on a play for pay basis.

The only problem is that we would be a laughing stock, but we are probably that already. :(
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

phibes posted:
It's not totally out of sheer desperation (but that has something to do with it), but from a recognition that everything Farrell brought to the team as a player and a captain is totally missing from our current squad.
I think Mo thought we could manage without him and he will also have realised what went missing when Farrell left.

I think a lot of fans have realised that as well.

As to being a laughing stock JJ, I don't think we would be because ever since Farrell left fans of other teams have almost been queuing up to say what a great player he was and how they would have him at their club like a shot.

I don't think it is going to happen though because didn't he set his kids up in schools down Sarries way etc?

Dave

[/quote][/quote]
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Doug Stand posted:
for what it's worth I don't think Farrell will ever play for Wigan again, otherwise his move to RU will be the biggest blunder since EJ SMith said, "put the food down lads, we'll be in NY for breakfast!"
I can't see the union bigwigs letting us have him back for free - not considering the size of the pay day and the fact that he has yet to play a single minute of rugby for them. They're not big on admitting small mistakes...

Farrell is still planning to play in the RU world cup as Jason Robinson did.

Besides - isn't he still injured?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------