Hi all

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Hi all

Post by Mike »

medlocke wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:47 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:25 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:06 pm I was as disappointed as anyone - with the performance as much as the result. But, in the immortal words of Bill Shankly, "it's a marathon, not a sprint".

Teams who aspire to mid-table or survival can start like a house on fire to get the points on the board. But look at the Grand Finalists last year, in particular Leeds. They only looked like they might do it for the last 3 or 4 weeks of the season.

Secondly, and regardless of the Hull wind, to question Harry Smith's kicking after one match when he was around 80% last year is unbelievably crass.

Third, re Forber. If we keep him it's jobs for the boys. If he goes, it's jobs for the boys. Any outcome, same answer from the usual suspects' bank of collective intelligence.
There was absolutely no need for the final sentence.
How is it jobs for the boys if he stays?
Keeping a current player in the organisation. That's the very definition of JFTB isn't it?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Mike wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:54 am
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:25 pm

There was absolutely no need for the final sentence.
Keeping a current player in the organisation. That's the very definition of JFTB isn't it?
He's not been at Wigan long enough to be one of the boys
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

morley pie eater wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:06 pm

Any outcome, same answer from the usual suspects' bank of collective intelligence.
Quality that, particularly as I established years ago that one claimant of jobs for the boys hasn't been through the turnstiles for years!
Bad day at the office, proper supporters move on!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Wandering Warrior wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:15 pm

Any outcome, same answer from the usual suspects' bank of collective intelligence.
Quality that, particularly as I established years ago that one claimant of jobs for the boys hasn't been through the turnstiles for years!
Are you both saying that if people disagree with you it’s because they are stupid?
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

medlocke wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:29 am
Mike wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:54 am
He's not been at Wigan long enough to be one of the boys
My apologies: I wasn't aware that there was a qualifying period :D
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:09 pm
Wandering Warrior wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:15 pm

Are you both saying that if people disagree with you it’s because they are stupid?
I think you're stretching things a bit there. If people disagree with me they're just wrong. Many very intelligent people have disagreed with my views, and occasionally I've listened to them. But they're still wrong... :D :D :D
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐