Rads possible role at the club

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
superleague

Rads possible role at the club

Post by superleague »

this is just a suggestion but i reckon wigan should just sack the undertaker farrar and get Rads in as defensive coach.
what do people think?
- psycho -

Re: Rads possible role at the ...

Post by - psycho - »

i think this would be a great idea as radz was probably the ebst defender on our team with orr. the tackels he made are legendary. he cant do a waorse job than sparra because he doesnt really coach he just stands and watches.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Martin Taylor

Re: Rads possible role at ...

Post by Martin Taylor »

- psycho - posted:
i think this would be a great idea as radz was probably the ebst defender on our team with orr. the tackels he made are legendary. he cant do a waorse job than sparra because he doesnt really coach he just stands and watches.
Think it would show some loyalty back to Rads, and as a player his defence was excellent. Might just be a bit to big step for a first coaching role.
On another note, psycho, what has happened to pie Eaters? I miss him.
Likely_Lad

Post by Likely_Lad »

I too think it would be a good idea, but I don't think Rads would be too useful in coaching midfield-defence. His tackling was always immense and at times saves tries no-one thought it was possible to save.

Ashton could learn alot from him, remember back 13 years and think when Rads was breaking through into the team, he wasn't too dis-similar to Ashton in his style of play, tremendous pace and a great support player, and always safe under the high bomb.

All Ashton needs to improve is his positioning in line-defence and in his retrieval of punt kicks, both of which Rads was the master of.
The poster formerly knows as Wizard_Millward.

I wasn't as fit or strong as before but my two biggest muscles still worked - my heart and my head - Kris Radlinski.
superleague

Post by superleague »

Martin Taylor posted:
the french have captured him :lol:
DaveO

Re: Rads possible role at the ...

Post by DaveO »

superleague posted:
this is just a suggestion but i reckon wigan should just sack the undertaker farrar and get Rads in as defensive coach.
what do people think?
Good idea. According to the interview in the Obbo he is not interested in a coaching role as he does not reckon he is cut out to release players.

Defensive coaching ought not to involve that aspect of coacing so maybe it would appeal but I got the impresion he wanted to do something else than work in RL.

Dave
Bring on the Warriors

Post by Bring on the Warriors »

I got the impression he wanted to do something else than work in RL.
This is the impression that i got from rads to. I don't think it would do anyone any harm to at least give him a go. I mean we cant do any worse than we are now really, can we?

Ashton is a good player now. With rads helping him in his defensive techniques, he will have, IMO, all the qualities of a good fullback! :D
Proud to be a Wiganer!!!
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

Martin Taylor posted:
- psycho - posted:
Think it would show some loyalty back to Rads, and as a player his defence was excellent. Might just be a bit to big step for a first coaching role.
i know everyone is asking after pie eaters recently so i will note you all of his long awaited return to the board as soon as possible.

MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

- psycho - posted:
Martin Taylor posted:
- psycho - posted:
i know everyone is asking after pie eaters recently so i will note you all of his long awaited return to the board as soon as possible.
:nerv:
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

MrsLam posted:
- psycho - posted:
Martin Taylor posted: Think it would show some loyalty back to Rads, and as a player his defence was excellent. Might just be a bit to big step for a first coaching role.
:nerv:
he is aware of your support and he is eager to start signing autographs in the south stand after the game :) no but he will be back. when i ehar.....i will post a date that you can all add on to your calenders.