Tonights Game v Catalans Dragons

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Tonights Game v Catalans Dragons

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Not been in the game at all in the first half.
Wigan_ITK

Post by Wigan_ITK »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:47 pm We are sooooo slugish around the play the ball….. powell and cust are having mares atm
Cust has been awful all season and he’s been constantly targeted. His defence is non existent and his ball playing is poor.

How he has been in the selection for player of the match on Wigans last 2 games is unfathomable.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Proper pants like :cry:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

We decided to go through themotiins first 40 and its bit us in the bum…… some players need to have s real good look at themselves in the mirror….. mago showed up well and should play next week….. not a powell or cust knocker but they were pants and im still waiting to see KPPs potential coz its no good having the tools if your not willing to use them
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

To many average players who have to many average games.
mjdodge13

Post by mjdodge13 »

Same as last season. Play basic rugby and hope Field or French make the difference. Simply awful!
It’s obvious we lack size and have done for years, but we do nothing to fix the problem.
6,7 and 9 are a weakness and we have players starting who couldn’t get in the team last year!!
Ps Toby King is not a super league player…..he’s slower than me.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

To many handling errors from Wigan, I counted 11 at the game.

I never felt like wigan where in it but also thought Mago was uses poorly, he should have been on first half to tire the cats.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I didn’t believe the 2 to nil results I think this will be a theme for us - battering poor sides only to be undone by well coached ones

Our attack works when the team we are playing isn’t organised - hate to say it but very much like Warrington teams of late can put up big scores in matches hiding the fact we aren’t up to it against the better team

Custs mobility looks massively restricted in both arms he’s almost in casts with his strapping

Powell absolutely played off the park by Micky Mac

Smith tried

Smithies making it look at the moment that we should of kept partington and shipped him off

That’s not a game for field or French both tried things but conditions limited them

Packs not good enough copper had a good stint - Ellis a few good things

All in all I think we can expect this against the top 4 personally
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Don 't understand why we just don't kick behind them all game. The opposition have to turn whereas our fast men would be rocketing part them.
Instead we try and out muscle them on a wet soggy pitch.
They played tonight's conditions and we played last week's conditions.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

We have an average squad, particularly in the forwards. Like it or not our pack needs an overall.