Tonights Game v Catalans Dragons

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
w.thomas

Re: Tonights Game v Catalans Dragons

Post by w.thomas »

Anyone have any other passions other than watching the warriors? Thinking about taking up lawn bowls or tiddlywinks. Offers welcome…to suffer such cold for that performance is a disgrace. Bad loss that
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

M Mc battered Powell and Cust of the Field all night
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Outplayed and out coached.

Powell was awful and they targeted him all night. He never got the pack on the front foot once.

We have played two sides in HKR and Catalan who aren’t anything special but who were well coached, organised and had a plan and we had no answer.

This is mid table form at best.
WIGIAN

Post by WIGIAN »

Seems to always be 6,7,9 gets hammered so I'm putting a groan in for Morgan . Terrible tonight errors, penalties and for a loose,zero attacking threat. Sorry but I just don't see it (yet anyway). Maybe Morgan to second row Faz at loose. Despite a generally poor show against half the Cats first team I do wish we'd have had the bounce of the ball Cats had
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

We had no answer to their line speed. It was questionable at times just how quick they were in our faces but we couldn’t adapt our tactics to overcome this.
We were getting good results early on kicking behind them into the corners but seemed to move away from this.
I suspect KPP will see as much first grade action in the NRL as Gildart.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

DaveO wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:01 pm Outplayed and out coached.

Powell was awful and they targeted him all night. He never got the pack on the front foot once.

We have played two sides in HKR and Catalan who aren’t anything special but who were well coached, organised and had a plan and we had no answer.

Your talking shite DaveO, Powell was not an issue tonight. To many errors everytime we had momentum and the came from our best players.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Positives - Havard ran his blood to water, Mago took the ball up well, no mistakes, Ellis good offload for the try - the end.

Negatives, agree with most of whats been written, our back row is not big/athletic enough if the front row is dominated. At least Smithies tried and I would not move him into the 2nd row (too slow).

Poor tactics and once Cats got in front we played right into their hands. What about taking the 2 to go 10-12 - not sure that was the right call.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Did anyone consider replacing briers with TL might take us back. Jobs for the boys rings a bell
mjdodge13

Post by mjdodge13 »

A very average squad with 2 star players.

Have a look at our quota spots and tell me we are using them like the top teams……
1 starter who couldn’t get in the team last year,
2 substitutes (when selected) and a random winger who plays a few times a year.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:15 pm
DaveO wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:01 pm Outplayed and out coached.

Your talking shite DaveO, Powell was not an issue tonight. To many errors everytime we had momentum and the came from our best players.
Oh dear. Angry because what everyone has been telling you about Powell being poor was on show tonight? Because it was. He was so slow with the ball literally nothing happened from him. That wasn’t anyone else’s fault but his.

Was he or was he not played off the park by Micky Mac? Don’t worry I don’t expect a straight answer. You never give one when it comes to him.