Matty Peet

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
WIGIAN

Re: Matty Peet

Post by WIGIAN »

Jobs for the boys , who is the Saints coach again .... ?
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

He stated that he was happy with his squad we have lost Bateman,Nicholson,o,donnell,with no replacements if he sees junior as a replacement play him before you lose your job
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

WIGIAN wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:57 pm Jobs for the boys , who is the Saints coach again .... ?
To be fair the last time saints had the jobs for the boys culture was kfc they struggled there were signings and players kept on who had no business in the team they have been absolutely dominant since they ditched kfc - it will interesting to see how they fair next year under wellens this year they will be much the same he won’t have changed much

I think the issue is at wigans jobs for the boys we’ve gone less and less “professional” over time

We had Madge who brought in experts like bitcon - since we have watered down the surrounding staff - no one has to prove anything they just have to stick around the club long enough and they will get a role

Rads is very much at the heart of all this

For what it’s worth I think peet has potentially to be a greta coach what he needs around him are better assistants imo and a better structure to recruitment

When you’ve got a player who has no danger of losing his spot despite not being a very good player then it’s the foundations for failure
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:29 pm I like Peet and i think the key difference between him and lam (and wane for that matter) he usually identifies the issues in line with the fans, and is very honest i think the problem with peet and the Wigan set up is tha they are unwilling to solve certain problems
I think it took us a while to catch up with the speed of the ruck. I think our execution also let us down.
Here he mentions ruck speed - he did a few times in the interview, both from a attack and defense point

Issue is Powell will 100% be nailed on at 9 until he decides when he wants to retire into his guarenteed coaching role - and that sentence is why Wigan will not catch st helens or others anytime soon
He can mention the problems but the proof of the pudding is can he sort them out?

The situation with Powell is just bizarre. Even if he was the best no 9 in the league last night's performance deserves him being dropped but I doubt he will be.

He also went into the game with a strange bench selection, dropping O'Neil for KPP who did nothing last time out so Powell had to play the full 80 anyway. Apart from Mago he had nothing on the bench to add impact or to change things around so when plan A wasn't working he didn't even give himself an option of a plan B.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Love it 4 games in a MP is out of his depth, it was all Briers and Briers left because of the jobs for boys culture.

While it's okay to have concerns one word comes to mind. Pathetic
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:04 pm Love it 4 games in a MP is out of his depth, it was all Briers and Briers left because of the jobs for boys culture.

It's the main reason Bateman left, fact!.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:13 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:04 pm Love it 4 games in a MP is out of his depth, it was all Briers and Briers left because of the jobs for boys culture.

The main reason Bateman left was because his Aussie partner buggered off back to Oz with their son!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

medlocke wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:13 pm

And Facebook also told me that 5G caused covid so that must also be true
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Barney841 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:08 pm
up the junction wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:36 am Is this not the problem then ?
An inexperienced ( super league I’ll add ) coach .
That was always the risk but to be fair he did good in his first season
Last year was a total failure when it counted.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

The cup didn’t count?