Matty Peet

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Matty Peet

Post by Wandering Warrior »

medlocke wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:13 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:04 pm Love it 4 games in a MP is out of his depth, it was all Briers and Briers left because of the jobs for boys culture.

While it's okay to have concerns one word comes to mind. Pathetic
It's the main reason Bateman left, fact!.
Would you like to clarify that Bateman point with substance?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Think his Mrs and money was a factor?Though from what I was told this wasn't the same Batty second time both on and off the field and the club weren't so sad when he decided to go
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

New coach, the difficult 2nd year?

Many positives, getting the best out of Field;French;Marshall,; Smith, exciting play, Hammering Saints at home, beating Saints in the CC, the CC itself.

I'd say the negatives are around wet weather games v "mongrel" teams, Leeds away, Leeds in the playoffs and now Cats.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wandering Warrior wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:50 am
Caboosegg wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:04 pm Love it 4 games in a MP is out of his depth, it was all Briers and Briers left because of the jobs for boys culture.

While it's okay to have concerns one word comes to mind. Pathetic
Was told by Tangy Welch, he was wrong, the end
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

widdenoldboy wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:29 am New coach, the difficult 2nd year?

Many positives, getting the best out of Field;French;Marshall,; Smith, exciting play, Hammering Saints at home, beating Saints in the CC, the CC itself.

I'd say the negatives are around wet weather games v "mongrel" teams, Leeds away, Leeds in the playoffs and now Cats.
Fair assessment. There is a way to beat Wigan and both HKR and Cats slowed it down. What is concerning is that when games are not going well in the first half nothing changes in the second, which is where the coaching comes in.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

DaveO wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:26 am
widdenoldboy wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:29 am New coach, the difficult 2nd year?

Fair assessment. There is a way to beat Wigan and both HKR and Cats slowed it down. What is concerning is that when games are not going well in the first half nothing changes in the second, which is where the coaching comes in.
I thought we did change it up in the second half but errors let us down massively.

My concern will be ref have a tendency to lean towards the away team as to ignore the booing from home crowds, catalan seemed (might be tinted glasses) to get away with alot of holding down which was annoying considering briefly got sin binned for Salford for less than what went on in our game.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

medlocke wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:07 am
Wandering Warrior wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:50 am

Was told by Tangy Welch, he was wrong, the end
Thank you Medlocke, you are my hero
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield