Wigan Warriors reportedly contacted about immediate release of Super League star

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Wigan Warriors reportedly contacted about immediate release of Super League star

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Agree with the general consensus on here. Let him go if we get a fee. Bring Shorrocks back as cover and see what is available to sign
josie andrews

Re: Wigan Warriors reportedly contacted about immediate release of Super League star

Post by josie andrews »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:07 pm Agree with the general consensus on here. Let him go if we get a fee. Bring Shorrocks back as cover and see what is available to sign
Definitely bring Shorrocks back
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:56 am If its true let him go I've said many times I see no point in this keeping of players,God forbid what happens if he picked up a bug injury and their move fell through,in this case he wants to go so wish him well and let him leave.
How can it fall through? He has signed a contract.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:27 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:56 am If its true let him go I've said many times I see no point in this keeping of players,God forbid what happens if he picked up a bug injury and their move fell through,in this case he wants to go so wish him well and let him leave.
How can it fall through? He has signed a contract.
I was talking in general terms if you read my post properly about KPP at the end.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

We should only let him go if we have a replacement lined up or else the fee will not be worth the potential impact to our season being another second rower down after Bateman leaving.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

If KPP is ready to go asap thrn hes not fully committed….. let him go and see which NRL reserves are available….. im sure we can find much better than him
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

100% ship him out (and do NOT resign when he fails over there)
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

I don’t get the hype over KPP anyway
His positioning is shocking and sometimes plays like a babby giraffe learning how to walk
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

up the junction wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:30 pm I don’t get the hype over KPP anyway
His positioning is shocking and sometimes plays like a babby giraffe learning how to walk
To me he is still potential not the finished article
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:54 pm
up the junction wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:30 pm I don’t get the hype over KPP anyway
To me he is still potential not the finished article
There is little doubt on that. Even potential is a gamble. The salary cap in Aust means clubs can take it.

I think he will get physically intimidated over there. He should have waited a few years until his body had matured.