Late Tackle Rule Fiasco

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Late Tackle Rule Fiasco

Post by josie andrews »

Wardle will probably get a ban for a late & dangerous tackle because O’Brien failed his HIA so won’t be available next week!

The late hits & high shots against us was ridiculous, Moore tried to even it up towards the end but too late IMO.

The high shot on French was just terrible, right in front of us & think he would have scored but for the high shot!

And that from dirty barsteward Hardaker kneeing Miski when Miski was on the floor!! Dirty 2 pieces of 💩💩 🤬🤬
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
nellywelly

Post by nellywelly »

I think the ref Liam Moore is biased against us deffo if I don’t see him again ref any of our matches l will be very happy. Early into the match he ignored two iffy knock ons by Leigh catching a high bomb and from there on he gave us nothing and any fifty fifty went to Leigh I don’t know what the early free kick count was but it seemed a lot in favour of Leigh. After Leigh got their try he seemed to be a little bit more even that was after he had sent Wardle off. Regards the late tables called were a joke except Wardle which was made to look worse by the use of slow motion by sky it should be judged in real time another incident was what happened to Jia Feild it looked to me he was pushed from behind when chasing the ball this caused him to trip and thus get injured if I am right is that not classed as talking without the ball, it was never reviewed by sky I may be wrong but I was steaming with rage when it happened and I have not been able to see the incident again
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wardle was defo comitted and obrien banged his head on the ground….. it is definitely getting silly
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

IMO the wardle one was bad. It was late enough to have easily been avoided but he went through with fill force. Any contact higher that he made and that's a straight red. I was happy with the yellow.

Elis's on the other hand was not late at all. The ball hadn't really even gone. That should not have been a penalty.

So I think they got one right and one wrong out of those.

I'm a little surprised about the reffing comments. On the TV the issues didn't really come across, in fact I was commenting on how unusual it is to be ahead on the penalty count as an away team and felt that we're we're up quite a way on that. I guess it boils down to how you see the sin binning. Having seen the video replays, the ref doesn't have much of an option IMO and that call has probably come directly from the VR.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I do think these incidents should not be shown in slow motion - life doesnt happen in slow motion
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:30 pm Wardle was defo comitted and obrien banged his head on the ground….. it is definitely getting silly
I agree he was committed to his tackle that was high. Simple
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:24 pm I do think these incidents should not be shown in slow motion - life doesnt happen in slow motion
That slo mo makes it look bad and is killing our sport
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:24 pm I do think these incidents should not be shown in slow motion - life doesnt happen in slow motion
Agreed they're never shown in real time ,anything can be made to look bad in slow motion, add a chorus of boo's from the opposition and your hang out to dry.