Tonight's Game - Team for Thursday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
widdenoldboy

Re: Tonight's Game - Team for Thursday

Post by widdenoldboy »

Mike wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:54 pm Congrats to the team on a great performance - very enjoyable. Such a shame about field as we were just starting to see the beginning of the annual competition between field and french on who can do the most amazing things in a season. We really have to get these two in positions to get their hands on the balls and their confidence up. It just wasn't happening for French on the wing this season for whatever reason. I imagine field will be out for a few months, so it's all about who's going into that halfback role. When's rocky fit?
IIRC Rocky is a couple of months off being fit, maybe he will have a run out in the reserves first but some time off. Maybe this will be a thread off its own - who will be 6 v Saints and Warrington?

Options would be Powell, Astley, Tyrer (good physical lad but a big ask for a debut), French, Shorrocks?
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Years ago we would of had a number of players in the reserves to step up
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Suzieb wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:28 pm Years ago we would of had a number of players in the reserves to step up
If our first choice and backup had been out, we'd have been playing a first teamer out of position IMO. I don't think our reserves were often deep enough to supply a drop in third choice stand off.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Sky commentary improved 100% by the use of Mark Wilson as the match commentator who brings brilliant enthusiasm to the game commentary.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
John512

Post by John512 »

Mark Wilson and Dave Woods are the two best commentators imo
craigo

Post by craigo »

John512 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:00 pm Mark Wilson and Dave Woods are the two best commentators imo
Out of the telly ones I agree. But there are loads of good ones on the RL commentaries that are available online.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Yes great commentary but hated listening carney who i get the impression hates us with a passion
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:18 pm Yes great commentary but hated listening carney who i get the impression hates us with a passion
Still got a chip on his shoulder because we wouldn't take him back after taking piss and thus ending up at Warrington imo
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Good win and thought every player went really well. Thought KPP did really well in D but could make his carries a bit more aggressive. King and miski made great meters coming from our own end. Agree Faz made a couple of errors but for his size he always makes meters in contact and he’s tough to put down. French is just a creature of beauty, like a prize winning race horse. I’d offer him a 15yr contract and the keys to haigh hall. Only negative was the field injury and the incoming bans to try and help our half breed neighbours out as much as possible.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

John512 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:00 pm Mark Wilson and Dave Woods are the two best commentators imo
Wilson yes I’m not sure with Woods he does go a bit “luvvie”at times.