Jai

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Jai

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I think we are looking at several weeks on the sidelines for Jai given his previous hamstring injury. It was an innocuous injury, his foot seemed to slip. Matty Peet said that Cust may need an operation to deal with a bulging disc in his neck, that could be a long term injury. We need to get Hampshire fit.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

A great shame to be without Jai and Cade at the same time. I suppose those 'half full' people will say that it just shows why Rocky was a sensible signing but as a 'half empty' type I have to feel this shows the risk of signing an unfit player as cover. Any news on Rocky's progress?
craigo

Post by craigo »

The only thing that ruined my night.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

craigo wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:51 am The only thing that ruined my night.
Think it ruined every Warriors fan, the coaching & backroom staff too 🙁
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:22 pm
craigo wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:51 am The only thing that ruined my night.
Think it ruined every Warriors fan, the coaching & backroom staff too 🙁
Hamstring, could be months. :( :( :( :(
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Bob the Builder

Post by Bob the Builder »

I was just wondering if anybody had any news on the injury? I don't like this deafening silence. It makes me worry the problem is serious.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

southportcdm wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:44 am A great shame to be without Jai and Cade at the same time. I suppose those 'half full' people will say that it just shows why Rocky was a sensible signing but as a 'half empty' type I have to feel this shows the risk of signing an unfit player as cover. Any news on Rocky's progress?
He's doing full contact and is expected to be given the green light to play end of this month or early next month.
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

Thats twice Jai's played at Leigh and twice he's done his hammy. Hopefully this one isn't as bad as the last one but I would say next time we're down the road he sits it out just to be on the safe side!
endoman

Post by endoman »

The first one was done at Headingley, not Leigh.
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

Getting a scan today I think. We’ll probably find out more at Peets press conference which I imagine with be tomorrow.

Anything less than 4/5 months I’ll be happy with.