Team for Saints

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Suzieb

Re: Team for Saints

Post by Suzieb »

It was recovery Friday morning weekend off for a good performance at Leigh
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

Bobby-WRL wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:56 pm I think Suzie means he still has time .
Bevan has been to Amsterdam until today so he hasn’t trained either.
That is not a place that you want your professional players going off to. All those museums can do funny things to an impressionable young lad. :D
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Levrier wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:15 am
Bobby-WRL wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:56 pm I think Suzie means he still has time .
Bevan has been to Amsterdam until today so he hasn’t trained either.
That is not a place that you want your professional players going off to. All those museums can do funny things to an impressionable young lad. :D
He’s only going to buy a bike!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Suzieb wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:36 am I watch them train
Well they are away from the ground when the do train by 2pm. And they weren’t outside yesterday or today so far!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Looking at who we have out to saints and how we have played so far I'm writing this game off (meaning a result would be an unexpected bonus). The fact Cust Is being looked at match to match but is clearly not able to perform, Jai being out, Marshall being out and king and Wardle still embedding.

However regardless of this one I expect more in the return fixture as by them we should be fully settled and know our best available team.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

U need to get up early
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:10 pm Looking at who we have out to saints and how we have played so far I'm writing this game off (meaning a result would be an unexpected bonus). The fact Cust Is being looked at match to match but is clearly not able to perform, Jai being out, Marshall being out and king and Wardle still embedding.

However regardless of this one I expect more in the return fixture as by them we should be fully settled and know our best available team.
So you don't have any faith in Powell?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

medlocke wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:34 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:10 pm Looking at who we have out to saints and how we have played so far I'm writing this game off (meaning a result would be an unexpected bonus). The fact Cust Is being looked at match to match but is clearly not able to perform, Jai being out, Marshall being out and king and Wardle still embedding.

So you don't have any faith in Powell?
I've never said I'm a Powell fan just find certain members constant barage of negativity a bore. The paid professional coaches don't know anything compared to a random forum poster after all :lol:

But in this case no for me it's to many big changes in 1 go.

Isa always turns up for the Derby
Marshall was on form
Jai was an additional wild card threat to Bevan
Cust is our half and injured, his cover is also now out.

If Powell does have to cover the half's that is a further disruption at hooker as well. That on top of us having to change the wings with French to full back and Miski in and a centre to cover.

Bar our props we potentially are going into the Derby with a large disruption to every other positions.

Wing - wingers possible out
Centre - covering wings
Second row - isa out likely a player moving to centre
Half's- we have lost a half and their replacement.
Hooker - like it or not Powell moving means O'Neil has a big ask 80 min vs saints

Be interesting to see if Sky mention any of this or just cream themselves over how "good" saints are.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

We gave saints a few hundred extra tickets but it would appear they have sent them back as those seats are now back to being available to wigan fans
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Suzieb wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:14 pm U need to get up early
They don’t start at 5am!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan