Burgess on Wigan switch and “regret”

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Burgess on Wigan switch and “regret”

Post by josie andrews »

George Burgess is one of the few exceptional English forwards that made it in the NRL over the last decade but his stint in Super League wasn’t as illustrious.

He’s revealed all on his time with Wigan including that he should have got help and the mentality that he had when arriving in England.

He also explained how close twin brother Tom was to signing with a Super League side before the switch to the NRL, in a move that could have had a huge impact on Super League history.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/rl-news- ... ths-72177/
How the hell can he blame Wigan for his mental state if they didn’t know about it??
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Re: Burgess on Wigan switch and “regret”

Post by Caboosegg »

I do t read that as blaming Wigan more he new he had issues and should have got help earlier.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:49 pm I do t read that as blaming Wigan more he new he had issues and should have got help earlier.
You do read it different to me & I think if he knew he had problems & spoke about it to Wigan, they would have done all they could to help him.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Such a shame it didn't workout with George! I was so excited for his debut league match V Wire @ home, until BMM popped up.

I'm too old to get players names and numbers on the back of my shirt, would have proudly done it if the writing wasnt on the wall after about five rounds in.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:18 pm Such a shame it didn't workout with George! I was so excited for his debut league match V Wire @ home, until BMM popped up.

I'm too old to get players names and numbers on the back of my shirt, would have proudly done it if the writing wasnt on the wall after about five rounds in.
Writing was on the wall in the first 10 minutes!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Said before but just watching the warm up he looked heavy and laboured then got run over and his head was down
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

I may be wrong, but my gut feeling is that a crocked prop, ranked 3rd of 4 brothers when he was fit, got marquee money at Wigan and is now getting a further top-up by selling his story.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:53 pm I may be wrong, but my gut feeling is that a crocked prop, ranked 3rd of 4 brothers when he was fit, got marquee money at Wigan and is now getting a further top-up by selling his story.
The cynic in you Morley😀
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Mike wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:01 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:18 pm Such a shame it didn't workout with George! I was so excited for his debut league match V Wire @ home, until BMM popped up.

Writing was on the wall in the first 10 minutes!
Never a truer word said,was really looking forward to that very cold evening,never been more let down by a players debut than that one
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

morley pie eater wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:53 pm I may be wrong, but my gut feeling is that a crocked prop, ranked 3rd of 4 brothers when he was fit, got marquee money at Wigan and is now getting a further top-up by selling his story.
Welcome to my club Mr Morley . Guilty until proved innocent :lol: :lol: :lol: and I get dogs abuse from my son for it . :D

EW
2002 and EW is hooked