Musical Chairs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Re: Musical Chairs

Post by Fraggle »

Lindsay Out posted:
1 , i never said the rugby would fleece the Latics , it would be more of a help from the football club to the rugby , seeing as Latics have money to burn it would make sense to somehow find a way to "distribute" some of it.
If there's logic in there I can't see it. Why on earth would any teamm want to give away money it has earned, especially to another team in a different sport that can't do anything with all the money it already has? If you lot have got money in the bank then you keep it earning interest until you've got £loadsamoney to buy David Beckham or Pele or someone. There's no point giving it to us, we can't spend it on salaries because of the salary cap rules.
2,i can never understand why rugby fans consider themselves whiter than white , where violence is concerned i have witnessed nunerous gang fights involving Wigan fans , one time i was in Walgate station while Wigan rugby and the saints fans held a running battle in the street just outside.
That's a fair point (you have to have one), but today's news has English fans being stabbed going to a roundball match in Rome, and stories about rascist chants at the world cup... That's the kind of publicity that gives your sport a bad name but you here little of that for RL. I'm not going to say there's never any trouble, but that kind of serious incident is vitually unheard of to us.
3 , i cant think of one benefit Lindsay will bring to the football , other than to destroy all the hard work decent people have done over the past few years with his egotistical selfish ways.
You might like to try giving him 2 minutes to get in the job instead of slagging him off before he's even started. Your team is light on big name, over the hill international players and ML is an expert at bringing in people like that :D
4 , Lindsay has jumped ship , like the rat he is , he is still on the rugby board , but mark my words he will cut his ties altogether in the not to distant future . god help us all !!!
To jump ship you've got to leave that ship, and he's still the Chief Executive of WRLFC. He'll leave sometime in the future, although I'm certain you have no proof of when so I'm not going to mark your words, but as others have said it has to benefit us to get some other people involved in running the club for when he finally does retire. ML is nothing but a rugby man, he's a big fish in a smallish sport and I'm sure he likes that position. If he were to totally swap alligiences to your sport he becomes just another one of a lot of faceless administrators.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Matthew posted:
I presume that there isn't a decent lactics board? Or maybe like p'n'b he just likes to kick us when we're down? :(
To be fair to PnB, he's been a regular fixture on here for a couple of years now, and we always welcome fans of other clubs if they've got something constructive to say.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Lindsay Out

Post by Lindsay Out »

To be honest , i would have thought a debate on Doris joining the Latics would have been a valid point and a wigan rugby board would have been a good place to hold such a debate....but hey im just a latics fan trying to wind you lot up , or so you would like to think.
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Be fair, LO. People have responded to your points mainly politely and with reasoned argument.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Lindsay Out posted:
1 , i never said the rugby would fleece the Latics , it would be more of a help from the football club to the rugby , seeing as Latics have money to burn it would make sense to somehow find a way to "distribute" some of it.
Look - four or five people have posted that the rugby club don't need any money - we are already profitable - and couldn't spend it even if we did have because of the salary cap. Either tell us why they are wrong or you'll have to think again about your views.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Lindsay Out posted:
To be honest , i would have thought a debate on Doris joining the Latics would have been a valid point and a wigan rugby board would have been a good place to hold such a debate....but hey im just a latics fan trying to wind you lot up , or so you would like to think.
I think this discussion is perfectly at home on this board, it does affect both clubs (a bit anyway). We are just used to deleting posts and blocking Latics fans users.

Post away...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Lindsay Out

Post by Lindsay Out »

The rugby club always needs money just like any other business and seeing as DW owns both clubs he could very well devise a way of the money we get from the premierleague finding its way to his other interest , be it the rugby or any other of his companies , Latics will probably profit this year even considering that most 1st team players or earning between 15,000 and 20.000 a year , thats a squad of 16 players - £320,000 , the club gets an estimated £27 million from sky per season , Jewell has spent a net £4 million on players in the last 5 years...that leaves nearly 22 and a half million pounds to run the rest of the club....now i dont know but i would guess that it wouldnt cost so much to run the club seeing as most football clubs biggest expense is wages....and that is down to good managememnt by PJ and his staff...something that Maurice Lindsay would be well advised not to interfere with.
Lindsay Out

Post by Lindsay Out »

can you all disregard that last post...hehe...im obviously terrible at maths and got it completly wrong....my apologies to you all.
Lindsay Out

Post by Lindsay Out »

but even with players earning an estimated 960,000 a year we will probably still profit...just.
superleague

Post by superleague »

Lindsay Out posted:
The rugby club always needs money just like any other business and seeing as DW owns both clubs he could very well devise a way of the money we get from the premierleague finding its way to his other interest , be it the rugby or any other of his companies
the problem is mate that we cant use the money ,
the club gets an estimated £27 million from sky per season
i find that hard to beleive,
Jewell has spent a net £4 million on players in the last 5 years...that leaves nearly 22 and a half million pounds to run the rest of the club....now i dont know but i would guess that it wouldnt cost so much to run the club seeing as most football clubs biggest expense is wages....and that is down to good managememnt by PJ and his staff
well done
something that Maurice Lindsay would be well advised not to interfere with.
i'll agree there.