Team for Saints

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Team for Saints

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Wes wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:43 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:14 am
The Pearl1 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:28 am
What’s the risk? It’s just a regular season game with no consequences if we lose.

I’d love to win but not like a playoff game or cup semi final.

Throw the kid in, look after him in defence and hope he steps up.

We’ll be needed this half back combo for the next 6 weeks or so and I’d feel more comfortable with 2 half backs in the halves ideally.
The risk is coming into a depleted team in a derby game against the best team in the league who will target him relentlessly and he has an absolute shocker. It could destroy his confidence in such a exposed game.

I agree he should be blooded in but thats what an away game at wakefield or Cas could do. Give the poor lad a chance to get a bit of momentum. Wire would be a better game to take risks

Those on here know im no fan of Powell but i think looking at what we have available at the moment him in the halves gives us the best chance of getting a result at Saints
Why in your opinion is Warrington the better game to take risks? Genuinely interested as I’d say they are top for good reason, massive improvement in them this year.
I agree I think wire are the form team in the league this year I tipped them to be in the gf a few rounds back

The reason I think wire would be a better game is it has less meaning and in a way we are probably expecting to lose to them at the moment

I think the problem with the saints game on Good Friday there are so many connotations to it - it’s such a big event for the wigan team I mean we have a thread here of memorable Good Friday games - you don’t have a thread of memorable mid season wire games

I just think the exposure is a little less heated and it’s an extra time to try and get some bodies back maybe
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wes

Post by Wes »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:41 pm
Wes wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:43 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:14 am

The risk is coming into a depleted team in a derby game against the best team in the league who will target him relentlessly and he has an absolute shocker. It could destroy his confidence in such a exposed game.

I agree he should be blooded in but thats what an away game at wakefield or Cas could do. Give the poor lad a chance to get a bit of momentum. Wire would be a better game to take risks

Those on here know im no fan of Powell but i think looking at what we have available at the moment him in the halves gives us the best chance of getting a result at Saints
Why in your opinion is Warrington the better game to take risks? Genuinely interested as I’d say they are top for good reason, massive improvement in them this year.
I agree I think wire are the form team in the league this year I tipped them to be in the gf a few rounds back

The reason I think wire would be a better game is it has less meaning and in a way we are probably expecting to lose to them at the moment

I think the problem with the saints game on Good Friday there are so many connotations to it - it’s such a big event for the wigan team I mean we have a thread here of memorable Good Friday games - you don’t have a thread of memorable mid season wire games

I just think the exposure is a little less heated and it’s an extra time to try and get some bodies back maybe
👍
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Just seen team news playing shorrocks in the halves starting Powell at 9 - O’Neill on the bench

Unbelievable
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Smithies is everywhere
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Good first half from the lads Shorrocks having having a blinder
Welski

Post by Welski »

It’s a massive loss losing Jai but I’ve said it before Bevan seems to go to another level without him.
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Welski

Post by Welski »

Excellent first half just a few signs we are missing tackles as it drew to a close …going to need a good start to second half😁come on!
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Great 20 minutes from Cooper, KPP having possibly his best game for us so far. Every player gets at least an 8 for me.
Saints looked dangerous in last 5-10 mins though.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Smithies has been awesome…… so far so good…… need keep this up coz they are really rattled
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Lovely to see Eddie Hemings sat in the stands, he looks proper gutted at the moment :D