Team for Saints

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mickw

Re: Team for Saints

Post by Mickw »

World champions my arse ,get in there .
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

See what happens when the forwards get on the front foot
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

What an epic game and atmosphere! Smithies deserved MoM but they all did well. King had another good game and Marshall putting Hurrel on his arse near the end was great. Defence wins matches and it certainly did today.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Everyone played their socks off. I've been no King fan but he was impressive today (not MOM though) - I'd have given it to Shorrocks for the try-saving tackle and that lung-busting run at the end to make the interception. Outstanding!
And Marshy's tackle on the lump - let's all get it as a screensaver.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Fantastic entertainment. Effort wise that was outstanding. I would have given Smith MOM. His game management was very very impressive.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Wintergreen wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:00 pm Fantastic entertainment. Effort wise that was outstanding. I would have given Smith MOM. His game management was very very impressive.
Think there was quite a few MOM performances. Smith, Shorrocks, Smithies and definitely King, stood out for me.

Reckon St's have nightmare terrors that Martin Offiah has reincarnated as Bevan French. They were rightly, petrified of him.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Brilliant defence won us that….. we were tiring the last 20 but never stopped trying….. smithies my mom but they were all very good….. great to have two proper centres which make a massive difference…..loved how makinsons injury only played up when he got tackled or caught…..makes it even more impressive considering our absentees……. Great heart play by the entire team
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Brilliant effort. Pretty much everyone was good; Shorrocks, Smith, King, Smithies, French of course. We almost get to expect these moments of magic from French, but the way he can run out of defence, and sometime gain ridiculous metres, is just incredible. The most impressive thing for me was, I thought we never looked like losing,
WIGIAN

Post by WIGIAN »

Great performance some terrific scrambling when Saints did break the line . For me I'd have Shorrocks ,King and Miski as top three the latter put in a massive shift out there today some tough yards
Thought Ellis also had a top game when on. Just not quite happening for Faz in attack
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:23 pm Brilliant defence won us that….. we were tiring the last 20 but never stopped trying….. smithies my mom but they were all very good….. great to have two proper centres which make a massive difference…..loved how makinsons injury only played up when he got tackled or caught…..makes it even more impressive considering our absentees……. Great heart play by the entire team
Saints were tired in the first half, one more try would have tipped them over the edge. We were a bit sloppy for 10/15 minutes in the second half which gave them hope, otherwise that was a match that we bossed. Some of our lads produced their best today KPP, King, Wardle, Shorrocks and Smithies. Overall, it was a good team effort and an excellent game. A bit of praise for the coaches, they produced a brilliant game plan.