Musical Chairs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Lindsay Out

Re: Musical Chairs

Post by Lindsay Out »

every premierleague club does actually receive 27 million per season.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Lindsay Out posted:
The rugby club always needs money just like any other business
But if we are making a profit (as will the Latics), surely the best option would be to "transfer" extra cash to an asset to avoid excessive tax on either club?

IF it were easy to transfer Latics cash to the Warriors, they could do it any time they fancied, ragardless of board membership - surely there would be no point in doing this until one of the clubs are about to make a loss.

I'm not sure where you are coming from on this syphoning off of funds to the Warriors anyway. Just saying we "need it" is not a good argument - we simply can't spend it to improve our playing staff because of the salary cap and the 20/20 rule. We already have more money than we require to pay our full squad of 20 high earners. Plus, we have the money for Rads availalbe for use this season. The rest of our money (at least 50%) is for the running of the club (just like the Latics), and we aren't using all of that. Why do the Warriors "need" the money more than the Latics?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Lindsay Out posted:
can you all disregard that last post...hehe...im obviously terrible at maths and got it completly wrong....my apologies to you all.
No worries, the thought of Premiership players earning only £15-20k per year made me chuckle!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Lindsay Out

Post by Lindsay Out »

would be funny to suddenly cut their wage to that amount and see how they got on though....
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Lindsay Out posted:
would be funny to suddenly cut their wage to that amount and see how they got on though....
Perhaps that's why Whelan was calling for a soccer salary cap of £25 or £30 million!
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

no way on this plannet is there a profit this year maybe ,but when the first division players want premership money as they will and deserve after this year then mr whelan will have to dig really deep in his pockets, to keep the latics in the prem.Maybe latics are trying to sythemn the profit the rugby as made :angry:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME