Cooper injury

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: Cooper injury

Post by fozzieskem »

NICKYKISS wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:15 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:43 am
NICKYKISS wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:28 am Sometimes lads just don’t want it enough and I think that’s Mago to a tee. He seems a nice lad, laid back and the sort of character the players all like to be around but he’s just so lax in everything he does. He doesn’t look like he’s ever worked hard enough off the field to get himself in better shape and on the field he’s just so dopey. He plays like he’s half asleep most of the time and the errors he makes are so lazy/sloppy. The natural attributes of size, power and skill are obviously there but it’s the things you can’t coach that he lacks. He must be such a frustrating player for a coach to deal with.

As and when he gets another chance this season you’d hope to see a totally different character because he’s playing for his career but I just don’t think he’s got it in him. I’d love to be proved wrong.
Is mago this years Frank Paul the wrecking ball?
FPN came with a big rep and a higher salary I’d imagine, so Mago isn’t as big a flop in some ways (although FPN was fine for a few months in 2016). The sad thing with Mago is that there’s a player there but how many chances do you give him? One may come his way this Friday if Singleton is banned, so you’d like to think you’ll see a lad with some desperation but I’ve lost faith that he has any.
I tend to give players as much rope as they need usually a season before my as a fan,patience begins to run out Mago is so frustrating as you point out there's a player and a fine player I suspect in there but by now surely he'd be hitting the levels we all hoped he could achieve on a regular basis.

As for FPN if I remember rightly hjs debut was at Leeds or least one of his first games it took 4 or 5 of them to get him down he looked.the real deal.and indeed the rest of that season he looked to be a very fine signing but as we all k ow it soured very quickly and yes I do feel it was the way he was being asked to play that he couldn't get his head round sad really that night in Leeds he looked mouthwatering.

As for Cooper its looking bad isn't it
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:03 pm
NICKYKISS wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:15 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:43 am

Is mago this years Frank Paul the wrecking ball?
FPN came with a big rep and a higher salary I’d imagine, so Mago isn’t as big a flop in some ways (although FPN was fine for a few months in 2016). The sad thing with Mago is that there’s a player there but how many chances do you give him? One may come his way this Friday if Singleton is banned, so you’d like to think you’ll see a lad with some desperation but I’ve lost faith that he has any.
I tend to give players as much rope as they need usually a season before my as a fan,patience begins to run out Mago is so frustrating as you point out there's a player and a fine player I suspect in there but by now surely he'd be hitting the levels we all hoped he could achieve on a regular basis.

As for FPN if I remember rightly hjs debut was at Leeds or least one of his first games it took 4 or 5 of them to get him down he looked.the real deal.and indeed the rest of that season he looked to be a very fine signing but as we all k ow it soured very quickly and yes I do feel it was the way he was being asked to play that he couldn't get his head round sad really that night in Leeds he looked mouthwatering.

As for Cooper its looking bad isn't it
It certainly is. I think his injury will force us to go into the market.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Given his age and time out I wonder if he will retire, whatever happens somebody needs bringing in
Wes

Post by Wes »

Cooper has been immense, I’d chance him for another 12 month if the money is right for both.
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Well I see the worst case has been confirmed with an ACL for Cooper.

https://www.skysports.com/share/12855078
Last edited by Jonathon Kerr (JK) on Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

ACL injury, out for the season.
Can see retirement for him now due to his age.
Shame if he has to go out that way
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Such a shame big injury at any age but give his advancing years it may be time to call it a day
WIGIAN

Post by WIGIAN »

Shame for Cooper no nonsense grafter if Mago had 50% of Coopers attitude he'd be smashing it. . Over on Redvee I see its us citing Knowles due to the injury sustained sometimes the stupidity beggars belief, funny this morning I said there was nothing in the Knowles challenge and still do its just an unlucky outcome no malice .
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Tough injury at his age going through rehabilitation and then getting back fit at this stage in his career is not a great prospect, as for going into the market how many good props are free at this time of year.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Really sad for Mike but probably the end of his top flight career. Does that mean we now need three new props for next season? i.e. to replace Cooper, Mago and Singleton.