ways to motivate the players

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
FROM A TO B

ways to motivate the players

Post by FROM A TO B »

Not sure if would be so much a motivation, rather than a way to shame them though:
IM should print out all the recent messages posted on this site relating to current performances and plaster them all over the changing room.
I'm damned sure if I was playing for this club, that seeing myself named and shamed would make me want to prove all those cynics wrong.
mind you, ar the changing rooms big enough?
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Mike
Site Admin

Re: ways to motivate the playe...

Post by Mike »

Probably make them give up though...

Surely better to motivate them into a positive frame of mind so they believe they can win?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- psycho -

Re: ways to motivate the playe...

Post by - psycho - »

FROM A TO B posted:
Not sure if would be so much a motivation, rather than a way to shame them though:
IM should print out all the recent messages posted on this site relating to current performances and plaster them all over the changing room.
I'm damned sure if I was playing for this club, that seeing myself named and shamed would make me want to prove all those cynics wrong.
mind you, ar the changing rooms big enough?
i think we would have to use half the pitch as well, thats if whelan didnt mind. seeign these comments might work but they might not. knowing that the fans are slating the players rather than getting behind them is no way to treat a team with no confidence what so ever. it might give them a good kick up the backside though.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
- psycho -

Re: ways to motivate the p...

Post by - psycho - »

Mike posted:

Surely better to motivate them into a positive frame of mind so they believe they can win?
im with you. showing the players our views of them would really nail them to a cross. its alot better to motivate players whyo are underperforming or the teams morale rather than to damage it even more than it currently is. i think millward is aware that certain players aren't giving their all and he needs to do something about it now!

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

How about meeting several enthusiastic fans? So the team realizes how much they mean to the fans.

Hopefully they will then realize that they don't just represent themselves. Alternatively they could all spend more time with Godwin - he seems to grasp the concept.

If nothing else; hearing the stains fans singing "going down" (which they are BOUND to do on Good Friday) might instill some pride in them...
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

i think the riversiders club thing (which sadly, i do not attend :() more players should go and i think it should just be an hour (or however long it is) of questions being thrown at each player and the coach. if questions asked about pride and performances it would be interesting to see how some players would react or answer these questions.example-

vaealiki: what is going on with your performances this season, step it up man.

obviously jsut dont pick on one man but also be a bit optimistic like saying it needs to improve david which we know it can with a bit of hard work. is this what you do or not at these meetings 'cause i aint never been :(

Rotundperson

Post by Rotundperson »

Now mos joined latics board maybe he can get paul jewel to teech millward how to get the best out of his team. jewel turned a bunch of thurd rate players into a top level team. millwards dun the oposite.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike posted:

If you want to do that then you need to get them to ignore the fans who are bound to be fed up and saying so (as we are mostly).

Instead get a video of the 2002 CC final out. Find all the press cuttings about Rads heroics and tell 'em all if they think they are living up to actions like that.

Adopt the John Monie approach of "if you are injured don't ask to come off, I'll decide that and you just put yourself in the defencive line and get in the way of an attacker" etc.

Basically motivation to get them to emulate the attitude of the greats of the past which involves a telling off from the coach but in a way that inspires rather then deflates.

Dave
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

the best way as to be the old way pay as you win, lose and lose your bonus. Win and you keep your full wage :conf: :blush: :o
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
superleague

Post by superleague »

mike binder posted:
the best way as to be the old way pay as you win, lose and lose your bonus. Win and you keep your full wage :conf: :blush: :o
good idea but i dont think you can do this with fixed contracts