Warrington v Wigan for Locker Cup

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Warrington v Wigan for Locker Cup

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

DaveO wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:15 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:07 pm
DaveO wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:04 pm

Let’s not get carried away just yet. I was more confident about the Saints game than this one for some reason. Probably the effect of the crowd and I didn’t think Saints were playing that well. Warrington on the other hand were flying. That said we can definitely complete and we have give. other teams something to think about.
I don’t see why not though - think saints are on the wane - wire were bang in form coming into this - were missing key personnel - the gf will contain a combination of wigan/saints/wire/cats imo we’ve beaten 2/3 of them

The conditions tonight similar to a gf night

I don’t see why we aren’t right in the mix now
I didn’t say we weren’t - I said we can definitely compete. I just don’t want to put the mockers on it!
Haha fair enough
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

widdenoldboy wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:12 pm Team v Wakey (please don't lock me :) ) is a chance to get Marshy right, rest him for Thornley, get Nsemba and Hill in the 17.
Thornley is not a winger in a million years and I doubt Pete will put two young players in the 17 at once.
endoman

Post by endoman »

Don't want to rest too many next week, we've come unstuck before. It's great that we are able to think about it though. Chance for maybe a couple of new faces.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Big shout out for Miski . He certainly has fitted in well and making good metres out of defence.

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

DaveO wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:18 pm
widdenoldboy wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:12 pm Team v Wakey (please don't lock me :) ) is a chance to get Marshy right, rest him for Thornley, get Nsemba and Hill in the 17.
Thornley is not a winger in a million years and I doubt Pete will put two young players in the 17 at once.
Maybe not, but he has played there a good few times and gone OK. Point is, we need him match fit soon JIC.
Likely he will play in the Reserves tomorrow and maybe have some time v Wakey.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:24 pm Big shout out for Miski . He certainly has fitted in well and making good metres out of defence.

EW
Outstanding again tonight. He’s gone from me hoping there was a chance of us moving him
On to get a forward in, to now hoping we extend him. He’s making the yardage of a couple of props at the minute, much the same as King.
WIGIAN

Post by WIGIAN »

Miski a revalation since given the chance big shout for Ellis tonight thought he was immense. Mago no drama good yards. French let Dufty know who's the best fullback in the league
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Totally bossed it from start to finish, the way we're bringing the ball up off our own line with Miski,King Wardle and Marshall is outstanding, wire now know they need to find another level,a big reality check for them,as for us let's bottle this and keep it for the playoffs.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

widdenoldboy wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:26 pm
Maybe not, but he has played there a good few times and gone OK. Point is, we need him match fit soon JIC.
Think he’s playing for Oldham tomorrow 🤔🤔
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:26 pm
widdenoldboy wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:26 pm

Think he’s playing for Oldham tomorrow 🤔🤔
OK, interesting who will play v Wire tomorrow.