Disciplinary

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
keptinthedarkfans

Re: Disciplinary

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

The one thing I have noticed is the rfl don't seem too be doing to shabby weekly financially out of these panels. 🙄🤔
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:23 am The one thing I have noticed is the rfl don't seem too be doing to shabby weekly financially out of these panels. 🙄🤔
Given the fine was supposed to replace (in effect the ban), there still seems to have been quite a few players banned, and as you say almost 3k into the coffers from last weekend
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Discplinary report "time of offence" does not match Sky TVs game clock

So for v Wire incidents (I was bored)

Case Number: ON/441/23
Name: Sam Kasiano
Sky Time: 32:13
Details of Allegation: Hip Drop, Reason for NFA: Player gets legs to the ground and does not apply pressure to the legs of the opponent [Marshall]
Penalty Notice: N/A

Case Number: ON/442/23
Name: Joe Shorrocks
Sky Time: 48:30
Details of Allegation: Hip Drop
Player is swung around by the momentum of the tackle and does not apply pressure to
the legs of the opponent. [Williams]
Penalty Notice: N/A

Case Number: ON/443/23
Name: Ethan Havard
Sky Time: 49:06
Details of Allegation: Late contact on passer [McGuire - penalty given as a late push, not high or forceful]
Penalty Notice: Not applicable

Case Number: ON/444/23
Name: Paul Vaughan
Sky Time: 64:34
Details of Allegation: Hip Drop [on KPP - Vaughan lifts his legs and swings into KPP, hitting his ankle with some force]
Grade B
Penalty Notice: 1 Match Penalty Notice
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

Can someone please explain exactly what a hip drop tackle is ?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:39 am
DaveO wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:20 pm Stevo has piped up and said any player putting another player out for the season should have a minimum 10 match ban.

Lots of reaction on Facebook saying it’s a bad idea but automatic bans are not new. I can remember when the RFL brought in an automatic 8 match ban for high tackles and Joe Lydon copped one for a tackle John Monie thought was a belter!

We already have a form of automatic ban anyway because each category C, D etc carry a minimum length of ban. He’s just suggesting that in effect we need a category which carries a 10 match ban.
I think if deemed foul play and that then takes a player out for a season then yes, 10 games should be minimum. However sometimes foul play is unintentional. If a wigan player gets taken out from a kick in the air, land badly and are out for a period of time, but its more innocuous and more a 50/50 then how can you ban someone? I've always thought union tend to react too much to outcomes rather than what's actually happened at times and I don't want to see league going down the same route
But judging intent is nigh on impossible and so the RFL just issue a ban if a player does something they decide is worth banning.

I don't think not meaning to end a players season is a viable excuse if you do in fact end a players season.
Lazy J

Post by Lazy J »

up the junction wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 3:06 pm Can someone please explain exactly what a hip drop tackle is ?
It’s where the tackler swings their weight around the waist or upper body of the ball carrier, then drops their weight in the exposed leg as the ball carrier falls backwards, giving the leg nowhere to go. They’re very hard to see in real time. But here’s an explanation from the NRL

https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/05/02/key ... op-tackle/
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

The Havard one, is that the gentle push in the back that didn't even knock the player off balance, he just trotted off? Would have been ridiculous to get charged for that.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Vaughan did 2 or 3 head high tackles in the first 20 mins.lucky to stay on imo
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

moto748 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:42 pm The Havard one, is that the gentle push in the back that didn't even knock the player off balance, he just trotted off? Would have been ridiculous to get charged for that.
i've commented on RL fans about that one too

Hardly touched him, but the reaction (over reaction) was fantastic. He made sure the ref saw it and milked it for all its worth, but that was in line with what Wire did most of the night, unless they all thought they were at a big Warrington night club - throw your hands up in the air :) :)
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:16 pm Vaughan did 2 or 3 head high tackles in the first 20 mins.lucky to stay on imo
i think being fair to the refs over the last 2-3 weeks there have been Wigan, Leigh, Saints and Wire players all catch players high. From what i saw, none of them warranted anything other than a quiet word from the ref, which is what they have done in all cases, and i dont think anyone copped a ban for them, which is what we all want to see, in terms of players being kept on the pitch during and after the game by not being banned