News on message board - too much?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

News on message board - too much?

Post by Mike »

I have added links to news stories to the message board. Is this too much? :eusa16:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Matthew

Re: News on message board - to...

Post by Matthew »

One or two items (like team news) would be OK - however anymore and it might get in the of the debates!

Ultimately it's your decision Mike - it's your site and we appreciate you putting in so much time and effort!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Mike posted:
I have added links to news stories to the message board. Is this too much? :eusa16:
I think I prefer them in the news section, otherwise why have a news section?
Having said that, I'm often posting links to news articles so I probably shouldn't comment!
Mike
Site Admin

Re: News on message board ...

Post by Mike »

I was thinking along the lines that people mainly look at the message board on the site, and not so much at the news section. I wondered if this might highlihght interesting news effectively without causing too much clutter.

Also, when people look at older posts they get the comments and the stories that were happening around that period. (If anyone ever used this site to research some older events or something... ?)

I'll leave it a day (or two) and see what eveyone thinks.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Mike posted:
I was thinking along the lines that people mainly look at the message board on the site, and not so much at the news section. I wondered if this might highlihght interesting news effectively without causing too much clutter.

Also, when people look at older posts they get the comments and the stories that were happening around that period. (If anyone ever used this site to research some older events or something... ?)

I'll leave it a day (or two) and see what eveyone thinks.
The only reason I don't look at the news section is because I'm usually surfing all the other news sites anyway!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I wondered what you were on about at first but now several items have appeared I think it is cluttering up the m/b.

I just posted a link to the Hock story as I am pretty sure the news item was not on the board when I did. I checked no one else had posted the news first so you may also get double posts like this if people are quick off the mark.

Dave
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Actually, I got it on the board 1 minute before you did...

Perhaps people posting news links like these would like to add news to the site properly (if they appear on the message board anyway its no extra effort)?

Recently, lots of news is being posted on the message board just as links (And not a lot else in the posts), just to start discussions. I go away and post the news up, often some time after. It would be good if the news got put on the site straight away.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

DaveO posted:
I wondered what you were on about at first but now several items have appeared I think it is cluttering up the m/b.

I just posted a link to the Hock story as I am pretty sure the news item was not on the board when I did. I checked no one else had posted the news first so you may also get double posts like this if people are quick off the mark.

Dave
I agree. Personally, every time I log on I go through the news before going through the messages anyway.
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

I do think it clutters the message board abit
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Mike,
Is it not time to change the strapline on your sign in to I've got several stand offs at £19.9K? :conf:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.