Peet

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Peet

Post by Firestarter »

morley pie eater wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:23 pm Off at a bit of a tangent, but who do folk think was our best coach? I'd go for Graham Lowe, because he took us to a new level. Monie was brilliant but had advantages in terms of the squad(s) he had, and didn't do that well 2nd time round.

I'd also say Graeme West was underrated. McGuire in the mix too. I'd say the game was too different to consider Eric Ashton and earlier eras.
Graham lowe by a country mile morley
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:32 pm His successor is already being lined up.
Bill Belichick and Fergy did alright for a touch longer.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

morley pie eater wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:23 pm Off at a bit of a tangent, but who do folk think was our best coach? I'd go for Graham Lowe, because he took us to a new level. Monie was brilliant but had advantages in terms of the squad(s) he had, and didn't do that well 2nd time round.

I'd also say Graeme West was underrated. McGuire in the mix too. I'd say the game was too different to consider Eric Ashton and earlier eras.
It's a pointless and absurd excercise. When I was a lad I remember a visiting fan exclaiming I hate coming to Central Park , there's 8000 bloody Ref's If he came now he'd say the same plus 8000 effing Coaches!
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Me too.
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

Wintergreen wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:34 pm

Me too.
What nonsense. Considering the best coach can't objectively be determined. Like can only be compared with like and even then the outcome (if that could be achieved) wouldn't be objective but subjective and to that extent of little or no consequence.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Well I did wonder how Briers leaving would effect the side and there are wobbles let's be fair but Peet looks a calm as a cucumber at all times,forgetting the wakey game those 3 games against our local teams frankly could have gone very wrong but what he did was produce a gameplan that the team clearly has bought into.

But wigan are a big club and only grand finals are the measure of a coaches worth it'll be interesting to see how the season.pans out.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

archiekeith wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:51 pm

Me too.
What nonsense. Considering the best coach can't objectively be determined. Like can only be compared with like and even then the outcome (if that could be achieved) wouldn't be objective but subjective and to that extent of little or no consequence.
Calm down dear it's only a commercial........... :lol:

Nobody is arguing that there is a quantitative measure of ascertaining the "best" coach.

I've underlined the key word in Morley's question to help you.....
archiekeith

Re: Pe

Post by archiekeith »

Wintergreen wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:29 pm

Me too.

Nobody is arguing that there is a quantitative measure of ascertaining the "best" coach.

I don't need any assistance I understand the logic needed and it's the same for the logic for what one thinks The evidence one uses to " think" is different for the differing coaches considered. The criteria considered isn't like for like hence any conclusion determined is baseless a waste of time Of course if that's what floats your boat ignore my post.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Me too.

Thanks, Wintergreen. I was considering if it was worth replying, but couldn't have put it as well as you did.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Re: Pe

Post by morley pie eater »

archiekeith wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:23 pm

I don't need any assistance I understand the logic needed and it's the same for the logic for what one thinks The evidence one uses to " think" is different for the differing coaches considered. The criteria considered isn't like for like hence any conclusion determined is baseless a waste of time Of course if that's what floats your boat ignore my post.
Ok
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐